Should The GOP be using Obamacare like this?

thorne

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thorne, I remember you mentioning to me that I would get a "Tax Credit" due to my income. This is why I said I wouldn't count on it. This is even coming from a biased media source (in your favor as well).

Link: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/11/19/woman-cited-by-president-as-obamacare-success-story-frustrated-by-sign-up-process/

Brief Excerpt:

" 'Your household has been determined eligible for a Federal Tax Credit of $0.00 to help cover the cost of your monthly health insurance premium payments,'the latest letter said."

Yep!

http://washingtonstatewire.com/blog/rude-awakening-for-federal-way-woman-who-got-shout-out-from-president-cant-afford-obamacare-policy-after-all/

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=880_1384879442

Just wait until Thorne is in that same boat OR the coverage he does get from his company is considered INCOME and he's going to have to pay even MORE taxes... :lol:

Just wait until Thorne is in that same boat OR the coverage he does get from his company is considered INCOME and he's going to have to pay even MORE taxes... :lol:

Its funny how all the people chugging the Obama-aid keep ignoring the tax end of this. They seem to want to talk about guns, zimmerman, aborition, and anything else.

I guess they don't want to talk taxes since that whole IRS thing got put out of sight out of mind.

Oh, then you have this little gem...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/20/us/politics/for-lawmakers-a-gold-plated-insurance-exchange.html?_r=0

so when I was down town last week with friends, there was this one young guy, probably about 22 we started hitting on one of my female friends so he tried getting in our group and followed us around a few bars.

well talking to him he said he was just visiting Columbus for work and he was from Texas. I asked him what he did for work and he said he was here to implement the affordable healthcare act.

I told him he was doing a sucky job. He laughed and agreed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, we need to keep beating this dead horse so people don't let the wool get pulled any further over their eyes. This administration WANTS you to forget this and worry about what some swamp rat from LA said about the gays.

All of this bullshit is screwing my mom and dad over in such a way they will forever have to change their lives. It makes me sick to see people that have worked so hard their entire lives get shit on for a stupid political idea and agenda.

Your point of view really changes when people you love are the ones getting thrown under the bus.

My personal opinion is they need to repeal this piece of shit and start over.

+1

Doubt that will happen. Eventually they (democrats) will call it a disaster and push for a single payer system, and likely have the support for it.

I've read a few articles that suggest that was the plan all along. That would make things even worse when it's a bigger monopoly.

Wait? You are not looking forward to this?

http://nypost.com/2013/12/25/new-obamacare-fees-coming-in-2014/

I have not had a chance to really read up on the one payer system, but the high level info I got it sounds gross...

I've already been royally fucked by this new "tax" so much my ass hurts. Now our HR department put away the lube and warned us that 2014/1015 will bring so much fun that lube won't help. So no.

• 3 weeks later...

Yet another company-wide email from our CEO:

January 16, 2014

__________ Employees and Medical Staff,

Last night I spent time sharing the Board’s and my vision for healthcare in our community with our elected officials from the City and County. I wanted to take this opportunity to share a similar message with each of you.

It is no secret the healthcare industry is in a period of rapid change and transformation. In large-part this change is a result of healthcare reform (Accountable Care Act) and tightening federal, state and local budgets. Change is occurring at every hospital in the nation – and the pace of change is accelerating as healthcare providers are being asked to do more with less. I know that each of you have experienced change at ________ over the last few months and years. I am also aware that the speed at which this change has been happening at _______ is faster than ever.

The healthcare industry is moving from treating one illness at time to efforts to keep people healthy. On top of this population health focus, many new mandates and regulations are requiring that significant resources be utilized while reimbursements are being cut. In order to face these changes, hospitals, their leadership, their medical staffs and their employees all need to work together more effectively to improve the quality and efficiency of care we provide. And we will need partners to realize greater efficiency if we are going to provide patient care at the lowest possible cost. In some instances, we will need to completely redesign the way we do business and/or provide services.

Like our peers across the region, the state and the rest of the country, _________ is facing challenges as the industry evolves. In the last five years, our inpatient and observation utilization rates are down 15.9% and we have experienced reimbursement cuts totaling $9.8 million. These utilization rates and reimbursement cuts have challenged _________. However, we have adapted in many ways to maintain our financial stability. For instance, we have or we are currently:

* In the midst of a successful capital campaign to raise $3M

* Undertaking a financing initiative to reallocate our debt

* Identifying and implementing operational efficiencies – specifically we have:

- Closed our rehabilitation unit

- Contracted with Aramark to provide nutritional services

- Consolidated various position and job duties

- Expanded community services in:

+ Pain

+ Vein

+ ENT

* Talking to our peers in the region to learn how they are preparing for the future

For nearly 85 years, ________ has been a vibrant community partner and resource. Today, we are the largest employer in the county – contributing over $51 million to the local economy in 2012 – and in 2013 we provided nearly $18 million of services to patients who were uninsured, underinsured, and/or their insurance did not cover the costs of the services we provided. Our heritage and community impact require us to find solutions today to address the challenges of tomorrow. Finding these solutions will ensure our patients continue to have access to high-quality care close to home and that our community continues to benefit from the valuable partner and vital economic engine that is __________.

As we look to further strengthen and enhance healthcare in ________ County and protect a long-time community asset, our Board and leadership will continue to explore solutions that will enable ________ to thrive into the future. To ensure that we do all of this right, we will engage our owners (the City and the County), providers, employees and community leaders.

I want you to know how much _________ values each and every one of you. If you have any thoughts or questions about how we are preparing for the future, please share them with me.

As we have for the past 80+ years, together we will adapt and evolve so we can continue to provide high-quality healthcare for our community.

Thanks Obama :dumb:

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/30/Setsailforfail.jpg

• 5 weeks later...