College Football Thread v2.0

Dr. Pomade

Pretty sure some of may's dislike of osu stems from a 70 point beat down of his alma mater

That, he didn't get recruited by woody, Herby doesn't save him a seat during lunchtime at ESPN, He got booed out of the sugar bowl in 2009, he has no friends, and many many more. lol

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeesh, Bama throttled LSU in the second half.

The homer in me wants to see Ohio State in NCG. The football fan in me thinks a Bama-FSU match would be epic. Both of those teams' defenses are really playing well.

You scheme/match-up guys, how would Ohio State stack up against Bama or FSU?

Yeesh, Bama throttled LSU in the second half.

The homer in me wants to see Ohio State in NCG. The football fan in me thinks a Bama-FSU match would be epic. Both of those teams' defenses are really playing well.

You scheme/match-up guys, how would Ohio State stack up against Bama or FSU?

Man thats tough. After seeing bama last night. I have some doubts on us against them. My worst possible nightmare is being in the title game with bama this year and being the team they win their 3rd title in a row to. But then again it would be totally awesome if we beat them.

Coaches Poll:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/2

Alabama (58)

9-0

--

Florida State (4)

9-0

Ohio State

9-0

Baylor

8-0

Stanford

8-1

Clemson

8-1

Oregon

8-1

Missouri

9-1

Auburn

9-1

Oklahoma State

8-1

Texas A&M

8-2

South Carolina

7-2

Louisville

8-1

Fresno State

9-0

UCLA

7-2

Michigan State

8-1

Oklahoma

7-2

LSU

7-3

UCF

7-1

Wisconsin

7-2

Northern Illinois

9-0

Arizona State

7-2

Miami (FL)

7-2

Texas

7-2

NR

Minnesota

8-2

NR

A couple of thoughts:

1. FSU isn't that far ahead of us in coaches poll, right? I mean, there looks to be at least some possibility that we could catch them if they play sloppy and we play lights out.

2. Hey look, 947 SEC teams in Top 10. Auburn is a joke. They beat a Tennessee team who's current claim to fame is ALMOST beating Georgia. Think about that.

3. Thanks to the coaches for moving Michigan State up a few spots. Now, you've only got them ranked about 6 to 8 slots too low. I'd take Michigan State against Auburn and Missouri right now. It would be a toss up for me pitting Michigan State against A&M.

2. Hey look, 947 SEC teams in Top 10. Auburn is a joke. They beat a Tennessee team who's current claim to fame is ALMOST beating Georgia. Think about that.

I think Tennessee's "claim to fame" is probably beating currently 12th ranked South Carolina. Yes, 12th ranked South Carolina, with 2 losses, lost to 4-6 Tennessee and is somehow 4 spots ahead of 1-loss Michigan State. Don't throw up too much or have too many aneurysms thinking about it. The 2-loss SEC teams ahead of Michigan State and even Wisconsin (who should only have 1 loss to a top 3 team on their record) are disgusting.

comes down to lack of respect of the Big Ten conference. Until the Big Ten does better against other conferences in bowl games, nothing will change. I wonder if it would be better long term perception wise if this year OSU doesn't get into the national championship game so everyone moves down a notch in the bowl games. That would short term be sucky for OSU, but if the Big Ten would then do well bowl record wise at the end of the year, the conference will get more respect... easier to get into title games down the road for years to come.

comes down to lack of respect of the Big Ten conference. Until the Big Ten does better against other conferences in bowl games, nothing will change. I wonder if it would be better long term perception wise if this year OSU doesn't get into the national championship game so everyone moves down a notch in the bowl games. That would short term be sucky for OSU, but if the Big Ten would then do well bowl record wise at the end of the year, the conference will get more respect... easier to get into title games down the road for years to come.

A notch down still leaves then B1G outmatched in a few bowls. It sucks

OSU 3rd in BCS

1. Bama

2. FSU (.9169)

3. OSU (.8926)

4. Stanford (.8689)

5. Baylor (.8618)

If only Wisconsin didn't get fucked over against ASU, I think they would be at 10 in the bcs right behind Mizzou. The buckeyes would have a top 10 win and probably will be competing with FSU for the no.2 spot. Who ever thought the implications of that erroneous call would affect the buckeyes in the long run.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm far more afraid of an FSU matchup than an Alabama matchup. Not that I'm confident at all against Alabama, but FSU has been decimating their opponents, and they play with a speed offense that we've historically struggled against. Alabama doesn't look nearly as impressive on offense compared to FSU, Baylor, even Texas A&M, IMO, they're just an incredibly well rounded team with no real weakness.

I'd also like to witness FSU vs. Alabama though, assuming both teams keep their trends going.