College Football Thread v2.0

Dr. Pomade

Ok fine. Psu and purdue numbers are tots legit. Cool. Keep thinking that. We look totally put together. My bad. No cause for alarm. We'll walk through MSU. Completely. We'd look just as good if we were playing in the SEC. It's a grand confederate conspiracy. ;)

It cuts both ways. Some of our scores don't show how dominant we actually were. (Buff, Cal).

Buffalo is a solid win, but Penn State is way better than Cal

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok fine. Psu and purdue numbers are tots legit. Cool. Keep thinking that. We look totally put together. My bad. No cause for alarm. We'll walk through MSU. Completely. We'd look just as good if we were playing in the SEC. It's a grand confederate conspiracy. ;)

Explain why two average Big 12 teams went to the SEC and had immediate success then. The Big 12 is looked at as as bad, or worse than the B1G.

I wonder this... you say you just now got around to catching up to OSU games. Games for the team you're supposedly a fan of. So I ask... what games of these so overwhelmingly dominant SEC teams have you seen? The one where Alabama beat A&M while giving up 42 points and over 600 yards? The one where 10th ranked South Carolina lost to 4-6 Tennessee? You do understand that the SEC currently has 2 1-loss teams in the top 10 and 2 2-loss teams in the top 15 yet the B1G can't get 1-loss Michigan State, with possibly the best defense in the country, into the top 15 or what should be a 1-loss Wisconsin into the top 20?

The SEC is not good this year. OSU would be right with Alabama this season in that conference.

And Florida State, the other team ahead of Ohio State right now... they're in the ACC. Do you know who FSU may play in the ACC title game? Duke. Enough said.

Man I wish Mizzu would have come to the B1G. Instead we get two more underperformers.

Ya...don't question my fanhood. ;)

I totally agree that the SEC is down this year. But whoaa...saying we would be right in there with Bama....that is exactly what I'm talking about here. Fantasy. We are the victim of our own zeal.

Oh well. I hope I'm as wrong as you all think. A cinderella amongst the ugly step sisters. With signature wins like Buffalo...

Man I wish Mizzu would have come to the B1G. Instead we get two more underperformers.

I totally agree that the SEC is down this year. But whoaa...saying we would be right in there with Bama....that is exactly what I'm talking about here. Fantasy. We are the victim of our own zeal.

Oh well. I hope I'm as wrong as you all think. A cinderella amongst the ugly step sisters. With signature wins like Buffalo...

What Alabama games have you been watching this year? I'm not a stats Nazi, but, just going off of looks alone, I would put money on OSU over Bama. OSU seems to have it together this year. I think FSU would be a bigger challenge, though not impossible.

Paragraph separation for the love of god!

BTW I hate when a kid speaks his mind and gets in trouble for it. The question was asked, what's he supposed to say? Urban doesn't like embarrassing other teams? He's been embarrassing the entire conference since he's been here and is most likely going to attempt to hang 60 on every team OSU faces from here out.

Hell if anything, it got OSU in the conversation finally!

I don't care what Bowl Game we go to, I just want to see an epic beatdown at Ann Arbor. Another historic point spread like Penn State would make me a happy camper for the season.

I really feel the standings won't change much, at least 1-5 and that we are destined for a Rose Bowl.

Alabama had a tough road at the beginning of the year, then the SEC crapped out.

Florida State had a pretty easy road, as did we. They are the crowd favorite though. They are the Notre Dame of the South, nut-swingers and sac-riders come from far and wide.

I actually agree whole heartedly with this statement. It is a travesty that they got away from the B1G. I am happy that both them and A&M are holding their own in that conference.

FSU will be a B1G school in the next 4 years. Quote me if you like.

Listening to Colin Coward today, I think he said it perfect. OSU will go undefeated, FSU and Alabama will as well. OSU will not make the NC game because they are in the bigten. It is not OSU fan's fault OSU is in the BigTen. Urban has challenged the Bigten coaches on stepping up on recruiting.

Also, Colin talked about how Urban is the best coach in NCAA. Saban has the current dynasty but no one has done what Urban has done. He has turned around BGSU, Utah, Florida and came in and has not lost a game at OSU. Saban in his fourth year at MSU lost 5 games and similar at LSU.

Like I have said before, I'm a Michigan fan and always have been and always will be, but I think what Colin said today was on point.

Is Auburn right with Alabama right now? Well, I would think so, since Auburn controls it's own destiny: if it wins out and beats Alabama, then it will represent the SEC west and have a chance of winning the conference. What he meant by Ohio State being right there with Alabama if they played in SEC is that Ohio State would likely be like Auburn or Missouri at this point: controlling their destiny to win the SEC. There's really no way you can reasonably disagree with this statement. That's not fantasy; it's logical.

So, I know this is a football thread, but I just thought it was pretty funny that last night in Basketball, the B1G went 7-0, including wins over the #1 and #11 teams in the country.

Dammit B1G Football, get your shit together!

The B1G will be a pretty strong basketball conference this year again. 3 teams in the top 10, soon to be 4.

Lots of kids signing these mid-year agreements. Curtis Samuel, Marcelys Jones, Kyle Trout, Sean Nuerenberger and Stephen Collier for OSU so far. This allows coaches and support staff to publicly mention them (ie. Twitter as Pantoni has been doing) and also, I believe, unlimited contact. The thing is that they are not binding for the player but are for the school. The players can still end up at another school but no matter what the school cannot drop a player who has signed this agreement. The players can also sign multiple agreements but only one per conference. So a player like Curtis Samuel who PSU is trying to get a visit from... he can visit but he can't sign an agreement with them as he already has with another B1G school.

A hypothetical scenario has a player signing with 4-5 schools in different conferences, not announcing a decision then just showing up at a school for winter quarter to start classes and conditioning with the team. I say winter quarter because these agreements are only available to early enrollees. So it's nice to see those 5 will be coming in early. 2 OL who will need to be maybe in the 2-deep right away, a kicker who may very well start as a freshman, Collier who will likely be 3rd string right off the bat then Samuel who will have to battle with guys like Jalin Marshall and Dontre Wilson for a chance at playing time as a freshman.

Lots of kids signing these mid-year agreements. Curtis Samuel, Marcelys Jones, Kyle Trout, Sean Nuerenberger and Stephen Collier for OSU so far. This allows coaches and support staff to publicly mention them (ie. Twitter as Pantoni has been doing) and also, I believe, unlimited contact. The thing is that they are not binding for the player but are for the school. The players can still end up at another school but no matter what the school cannot drop a player who has signed this agreement. The players can also sign multiple agreements but only one per conference. So a player like Curtis Samuel who PSU is trying to get a visit from... he can visit but he can't sign an agreement with them as he already has with another B1G school.

A hypothetical scenario has a player signing with 4-5 schools in different conferences, not announcing a decision then just showing up at a school for winter quarter to start classes and conditioning with the team. I say winter quarter because these agreements are only available to early enrollees. So it's nice to see those 5 will be coming in early. 2 OL who will need to be maybe in the 2-deep right away, a kicker who may very well start as a freshman, Collier who will likely be 3rd string right off the bat then Samuel who will have to battle with guys like Jalin Marshall and Dontre Wilson for a chance at playing time as a freshman.

Sooo...guessing everyone here is going to translate what they see on the field in Ill. Saturday into how super duper awesome we are and ready to face the best of the best. If we don't hang 60 plus on Illinois and hold them to maybe a token 4th quarter score against our practice squad and water boys then the team isn't listening to what Urban is saying about the importance of style points.