Looking to get a new daily

wagner

There is a G8 I'm eye banging right now. Its an 09 with 41,XXX miles on it and I'm working on a price right now. The dealer put new Firestone tires and brakes on it.

Those that own a G8 how do you like it? I will be doing mostly mixed city and freeway driving with it between Galloway and Easton each day.

If you won't mind driving a $22k rwd car through Ohio's worst weather and drivers half the year, have at it.. they're nice in the Summer.

Ohio's worst weather in Columbus is not that bad. If I was back home in North East Ohio, then that could be an issue.

This is a GT I'm assuming?

Yep, keep that V6 junk parked in the weeds :fuckyeah:

Absolutely love mine. Unfortunately it is my dd as I am in between work trucks, but I have a set of winter tires that I put on the rear, and have no trouble.

CHECK THE LCA'S BEFORE BUYING!

What do I need to look for with the LCAs. The dealer is already trying the "we got lots of people interested" stuff.

dealer is already trying the "we got lots of people interested" stuff.

I would introduce them to the http://www.internetisbiggerthanyou.com/suckit

Seriously. You can find just about anything anywhere. My Mazda originated local, but the rest have been brought in from elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

I would introduce them to the http://www.internetisbiggerthanyou.com/suckit

Seriously. You can find just about anything anywhere. My Mazda originated local, but the rest have been brought in from elsewhere.

They are already throwing all kinds of sales crap at me along with their "bottom price" and a few other things.

If the car was not all the way out in OK I might look at it.

After seeing what other people have been offered in trade for G8s and what the dealer is asking I have a feeling this deal is going to be DOA :(

I understand they need to make money, but I'm not going to pay rape choke prices because they have high overhead or paid to much on trade.

Might be time to have Jordan start looking for me...

Don't forget that dealer pay retail also for brakes and tires too. So that alone could of been $2,000 service bill before even marking it up, but I thought Firestone tires where only sold at Firestone. I could be wrong, but why would they service the car there. With a hot car I don't think they are trying to rape anyone, but they need to keep the tire kickers away. I'm sure if you want it something will happen.

Might be time to have Jordan start looking for me...

:nod:

Let me know when!

Don't forget that dealer pay retail also for brakes and tires too.

Not all of us do ;)

When I worked for a franchise store, it drove me crazy that they basically robbed Peter to pay Paul, by charging the car department retail for repairs.

I cost everything out to sales now.

I drove my G8 with blizzaks in South Dakota winters (i.e. blizzards 10x worse than anything Ohio will ever see) without issue. Just be smart and safe about driving in bad weather and the car will do just fine. I loved my G8, they are great all around cars.

:nod:

Let me know when!

Not all of us do ;)

When I worked for a franchise store, it drove me crazy that they basically robbed Peter to pay Paul, by charging the car department retail for repairs.

I cost everything out to sales now.

Yeah it sucks at times when I can use local companys or online for say tires and save $3-400. Hell I would mount them myself if needed just to make more on the car. I've done that for a friend before and the techs laughed tell they saw me working the machine right. :fuckyeah:

Don't forget that dealer pay retail also for brakes and tires too. So that alone could of been $2,000 service bill before even marking it up, but I thought Firestone tires where only sold at Firestone. I could be wrong, but why would they service the car there. With a hot car I don't think they are trying to rape anyone, but they need to keep the tire kickers away. I'm sure if you want it something will happen.

If you think any dealer is paying retail, you are certainly misinformed. Any bussiness buying a lot of parts will get a break. Just because the parts and service department bill sales at retail doesn't mean the dealership paid retail. It's just a game most dealerships with multiple departments play. Firestone sells its tires to anyone, could be through a retail store, wholesaled out of the same retail store, or through a distributor. They certainly serviced the car in their service department.

The lower control arms are a known problem on these cars. Some have been lucky, some have replaced them 2-3 times. There will be an obvious clunk in the front end.

If you need any factory parts, contact Greg at Pace Performance.