Looking to get a new daily

wagner

Get a 1st gen CTS-V, they are cheap as shit now.

I will have to drive one and see. The big question is how those do as a year round car.

After talking with Scott about the G8 I don't know if I want it for a year round daily. The big issue is getting parts if needed.

If you think any dealer is paying retail, you are certainly misinformed. Any bussiness buying a lot of parts will get a break. Just because the parts and service department bill sales at retail doesn't mean the dealership paid retail. It's just a game most dealerships with multiple departments play. Firestone sells its tires to anyone, could be through a retail store, wholesaled out of the same retail store, or through a distributor. They certainly serviced the car in their service department.
I'm just speaking from the bills and service I've seen working at the bigger major dealers here in Columbus. Now if that is different from joe and bob that own there own lots. I'm talking internal service at a dealership.

I'm just speaking from the bills and service I've seen working at the bigger major dealers here in Columbus. Now if that is different from joe and bob that own there own lots. I'm talking internal service at a dealership.

And you work in sales right? You're missing the bigger picture, the dealership does not pay retail, sales sees retail so all departments show a profit.

So is that your way of trying to get a dig in at me, by thinking you look better working at "bigger major dealers" and I work at joe bob motors? Get real, I'm only pointing out what actually happens, just to say that a dealership pays retail is pretty fucking dense.

You could always go badass like I just did and step into 40+mpg with a Cruze ECO.

Good seeing you today

:lolguy: yeah I don't think I can handle that

The whole situation was kind of odd but the dealer handled it well. I just thought it was funny they sent the owner out to talk to me at first, like they were expecting me to flip out.

Good seeing you too.

:lolguy: yeah I don't think I can handle that

The whole situation was kind of odd but the dealer handled it well. I just thought it was funny they sent the owner out to talk to me at first, like they were expecting me to flip out.

Good seeing you too.

what happen that they thought you would flip out?

what happen that they thought you would flip out?

I have no idea to be honest. The sales guy was all about me buying this car if they fixed it before I took delivery. Based on the issues in the repair history I don't think that would be possible...

Drove my V in the winter last year without issue (though it was a mild winter). I have had mine a year and still love everything about it. You can drive mine if you want. I have now replaced the motor mounts and the diff bushings which are common issues on them.

If you are looking for a comfy "true daily driver" that gets great mileage and has room front and rear go look at and drive a new VW Passat. The TDi version will get 45mpg+ hwy and with rebates right now you can get a brand NEW one for what you want to spend for a car with 50k+ miles.

All 2013 models have a $3,250 rebate and 2014's have a $1,500 rebate (except the TDi). If you don't like the Passat look at a Golf or Jetta.

I would only own a MOPAR that was made before 1974 and came with a 360 or bigger under the hood :fuckyeah:

Well you could get an SRT with a 392, but I sent think that's what you're looking for. In all honesty, (not just because I work there) the 2011+ 300's are really nice cars, and the 2012+ models get the 8-speed trans. I know people who get 30+mph on the highway with the 3.6. You can get AWD with the 3.6 or 5.7.