2013-14 snow season!

mrs.cos

7"?

ECMWF is generally overdone on snow totals. Its algorithms have issues counting the snow that melts on contact before the snow actually starts sticking. What this model is good for is determining where/when the snow is going to fall. Last snowfall we got about 2/3 of what the ECMWF was predicting.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its also worth noting this is only one of 3 systems rolling through our area over the next 5 days. There is another "wave" as theyre calling it, moving through sunday into monday. My best guess is this will be an icing even as the models are showing rain, but with several inches of snow on the ground keeping surface temperatures below freezing, the rain is going to freeze on contact. Gross.

That was me with the Legacy, 3 years ago. Huge creater in the road, covered with snow, and I hit it in a snow storm. Blew out both passenger side tires and bent the wheels.

In OH or VT? Somewhere in between?

My gf was asking me why I was doing 5 under the speed limit on all the side roads in VT at night. I just gave her the :dumb: look.

Hmm hopefully the snowfall dies down a little by mid-afternoon into evening otherwise I won't be able to get to Mad River :/

I wish they were open for midnight madness tomorrow. I was gonna go tomorrow evening after all the snow was done but i dont think its going to happen. Theyre only open from 4-930 tomorrow and i dont even get off work until 4. It will be a good hour and some just getting there plus i gotta let the dog out before we go.

I wish they were open for midnight madness tomorrow. I was gonna go tomorrow evening after all the snow was done but i dont think its going to happen. Theyre only open from 4-930 tomorrow and i dont even get off work until 4. It will be a good hour and some just getting there plus i gotta let the dog out before we go.

DAMMIT that's the reason I WAS gonna go! Why aren't they open for Midnight Madness if they've already been open for a week?!

Edit: Just read on their website, looks like opening next week or in 2 weeks, darn

DAMMIT that's the reason I WAS gonna go! Why aren't they open for Midnight Madness if they've already been open for a week?!

Edit: Just read on their website, looks like opening next week or in 2 weeks, darn

They said they will be open tomorrow 4-930, saturday and sunday from 10-930.