Riding in the rain

wrillo

try riding in the mountains, with fog, in the rain, at night! Then throw in a couple of semi's that dont have their lights on. Mix that with following Mr.Earache, whos bike only goes 80mph no matter what the conditions are, and you will no longer fear death.

As a witness / Participant in this, I do agree, this certainly forced me to overcome my fear of riding in the rain !

In case you guys that don't ride in the rain get stuck in the rain, the lines on the road get slippery when wet! It was kinda scary! I didn't know they were that slippery! Enough to move my tires around a bit!

Careful out there!

yup. metal also gets slippery. like steel plates or manhole covers.

also, the first 10 minutes or so it rains are the worst. the rain releases all the grease and oil thats on the road and makes it slick as snot. after about 10 or 15 minutes though, most of it has washed away.

according to the hurt report:

* 75% of accidents were found to involve a motorcycle and a passenger vehicle, while the remaining 25% of accidents were single motorcycle accidents.

* Single motorcycle accidents were almost entirely attributed to over-riding one's abilities: under-braking or failure to corner (run wide through a turn).

* Approximately half of all accidents involved alcohol.

* Most multi-vehicle accidents occurred when a motorist failed to yield appropriate right-of-way to a motorcyclist. The most common recurring example was a motorcyclist maintaining a straight path and an approaching vehicle making a left turn in front of, and crossing the path of, a motorcyclist.

* The report's additional findings show that the wearing of appropriate gear—specifically, helmets and durable garments—mitigates crash injuries substantially.

* Weather, road conditions, and equipment failure did not account for or contribute to a significant amount of accidents.

* The vehicle driver at fault often cites inability to recognize the oncoming motorcyclist as the cause of the accident. Bright colored garments and a properly functioning headlight are recommended to aid a rider in being more visible.

according to the hurt report:

* 75% of accidents were found to involve a motorcycle and a passenger vehicle, while the remaining 25% of accidents were single motorcycle accidents.

* Single motorcycle accidents were almost entirely attributed to over-riding one's abilities: under-braking or failure to corner (run wide through a turn).

* Approximately half of all accidents involved alcohol.

* Most multi-vehicle accidents occurred when a motorist failed to yield appropriate right-of-way to a motorcyclist. The most common recurring example was a motorcyclist maintaining a straight path and an approaching vehicle making a left turn in front of, and crossing the path of, a motorcyclist.

* The report's additional findings show that the wearing of appropriate gear—specifically, helmets and durable garments—mitigates crash injuries substantially.

* Weather, road conditions, and equipment failure did not account for or contribute to a significant amount of accidents.

* The vehicle driver at fault often cites inability to recognize the oncoming motorcyclist as the cause of the accident. Bright colored garments and a properly functioning headlight are recommended to aid a rider in being more visible.

correct info FTW:flag:

I rather enjoy riding in the rain, and always have my raingear tucked away on the bike or in my jacket back pocket as a just in case. If you get caught in the rain you can always pull off under an overpass and wait it out or at least wait 15 minutes for the oil to be washed away.

I just hate leaving early in the rain and being wet all day. It's better when I'm on my way home , I can change as soon as I get in. I have alot of friends that slow down to a rediculous speed in the rain, but these new tires stick good in the wet, so i like to ride harder than most in the wet !! they think I'm crazy, but i gots traction !!