Going rate for electrician in Columbus

Lauren

Hey I'm looking Into hiring an electrician to do some work. Anyone know the going rate for this area either through a company or a certified person on the side? No permitting is required its pretty basic light fixtures in my business.

I got a quote for someone to do it on the side and they are quoting 40/hr.

GTPnLS1 on here. Chad. He does industrial work, but done stuff at my house on a few occasions.. He is beyond reasonable...to the point i felt like i was ripping him off and tried to give him some extra $$ and he wouldnt even take it. Lol

Contact info ?

there's a guy who drives a white camaro on here that does as well. I'm having a brain fart on his name but will edit my post once I fully wake up. He was great and very reasonable on prices. You could always google it and do it yourself to save some cash :-)

If it was just light fixture in my house that's easy and would certainly do it myself.

What I want do e is remove 27 t12 fluorescent light fixtures in my business and install 18 can lights along with two chandeliers. And all that onto 4 dimmers. Not a task I can handle unfortunately. :(

there's a guy who drives a white camaro on here that does as well. I'm having a brain fart on his name but will edit my post once I fully wake up. He was great and very reasonable on prices. You could always google it and do it yourself to save some cash :-)

You talking about old man Cordell?

No one has answered the OP's question yet. I'm curious as well for going rate?

A good electrician will charge $75 to $100 per hour. I use Matt at Wasem Electric, 614-325-1539. Hes fair priced and honest.

A company with overhead charges 75-100 but you can find plenty of "good" electricians for a lot less. I typically charge 25 dollars an hour for side work and I consider myself a little bit better than a "good" electrician.

You talking about old man Cordell?

Yeah I went to school for electrical tech, and did it professionally after high school. After 5-6 years I gave up that career as I like wrenching better. I don't go after any side work anymore, I just don't like giving up my free time for much of anything anymore.

I've been out of it for too long to know really what someone should expect to pay.

A company with overhead charges 75-100 but you can find plenty of "good" electricians for a lot less. I typically charge 25 dollars an hour for side work and I consider myself a little bit better than a "good" electrician.

Interested in tackling my Job?