2015 Mustang!!1!1

zeitgeist57

You must realize that while data storage is getting larger and cheaper, you are talking about the automotive market where components have to operate and survive through wide temperature ranges and vibration. The devices on the consumer market are much more advanced in this respect.

Also, in the automotive market you're a hero if you can slash $0.50 from a BOM, so putting unnecessarily large memory in your design would need a very good business case. For instance, the original language in the California AV legislation stated that the vehicle would have to record 30 seconds of all sensor data leading up to an incident. In an Autonomous Vehicle this is a very loaded statement, as these cars have LOTS of sensors generating massive amounts of data every second. If you were to record full - resolution video for a camera system you could possibly pass 1GB every 10 seconds. Some of these cars have 8+ cameras, 6+ radar's, probably LIDIR, on them. You can see from this that you may have to decide what data to save with some discretion.

Don't get me wrong, if people start buying cars based off a dash cam being an available option then you'll probably see it happen. But right now the climate is more about privacy and big brother than this.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Agreed, plus the potential the car will have in the aftermarket will be great. Cobb pulled 272 lb/ft out of a Fiesta ST's 1.6 with bolt-ons so I'm looking forward to seeing what the 2.3 Ecoboost will be capable of. Also it will be the lightest model with best weight distribution. Still, don't know if I could drive a "Mustang" that sounds like that.

Agreed, plus the potential the car will have in the aftermarket will be great. Cobb pulled 272 lb/ft out of a Fiesta ST's 1.6 with bolt-ons so I'm looking forward to seeing what the 2.3 Ecoboost will be capable of. Also it will be the lightest model with best weight distribution. Still, don't know if I could drive a "Mustang" that sounds like that.

because there's never been a "Mustang" with a 4cyl...... gimme a break

And how did those sound.................

My point isn't about the noise though... I was more peeved at the elitism of not being able to call it a Mustang, especially since precedence exists

Still, the Ecoboost one will be a hot ticket I think

his point was only about the noise :lol:

you added the elitism

Precisely. If I were that against something like that I wouldn't be driving the car I have. For me a Mustang should sound like a Mustang, and that's a deep loud V8, just my preference. I fully expect it will be a good car with that engine, I really like the little Ecoboost in mine.

I'm more than happy to post the sound of a 2.3 ford turbo with exhaust if you like ;) Even in the late 80s, no engine management to speak of, and terrible knowledge of power by turbo they were awesome engines.

I DO love the idea of that motor, but for me the only thing that will scratch my 'Merca itch is a nice v8 rumble.

If they're pulling 272lb-ft at the wheels out of a Fiesta's 1.6 ecoboost with bolt-ons and tune I'm very much looking forward to seeing how capable the 2.3 will be!! I can see near 400lb-ft at the back tires pretty readily, it will be a contender for sure.

My point isn't about the noise though... I was more peeved at the elitism of not being able to call it a Mustang, especially since precedence exists

Still, the Ecoboost one will be a hot ticket I think

For some reason I have never pictured the words elitism and Mustang in the same sentence.

If they're pulling 272lb-ft at the wheels out of a Fiesta's 1.6 ecoboost with bolt-ons and tune I'm very much looking forward to seeing how capable the 2.3 will be!! I can see near 400lb-ft at the back tires pretty readily, it will be a contender for sure.

With 275/296lbs and a LSD in the MS3 it's a bitch to control on the road through the front wheels. I can't imagine that in a little Fiesta.

With 275/296lbs and a LSD in the MS3 it's a bitch to control on the road through the front wheels. I can't imagine that in a little Fiesta.

Not sure what you mean by control, but if its tq steer, that is not a result of power figures.

My GTI with more tq than your MS3 didn't have much, if any tq steer.

Not sure what you mean by control, but if its tq steer, that is not a result of power figures.

My GTI with more tq than your MS3 didn't have much, if any tq steer.

Increasing the performance of an engine in a FWD car that already has a torque steer problem will make torque steer worse. I've never driven a little Fiesta, thus why I said I can't imagine that in a little Fiesta. Maybe it can handle it better. My GTP's had nearly double the power of my MS3 and they were fine.

Edited by TTQ B4U

I can't imagine that in a little Fiesta.

Ditto. It's such a balanced car in its handling and just the right amount of power its great, though one could always do with a little more of course! The Mustang will be just fine naturally.

• 1 month later...

HOLY CRAP - CANT NOT LIKE

2015 roush

http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/47641/all-new-2015-roush-mustangs-introduced

http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/2015-ROUSH-Mustang-4-770x513.jpg

http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/47641/all-new-2015-roush-mustangs-introduced