College Football Thread v4.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN's "way too early" pre-season top 25 has Florida at 25. Florida. The team that lost to Georgia Southern. Florida.

Florida.

Florida. Florida.

Florida.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10246704/florida-state-leads-2014-way-too-early-top-25-rankings

Florida.

And they left out Mizzou.

Florida.

That list is a joke lol

BTW I would still bang McCarrons mom

Trent Dilfer said some stupid shit about him too, I believe. Mad jelly assholes is all they are. Put yourself in his shoes, he accomplished what no one has ever done before on one of the biggest stages in all of sports, after a massive legal obstacle that would have had repercussions far beyond the realm of football, all while winning the Hesiman, and somehow managing to get his team back in the game after being down 21-3, all before he's legally allowed to have a beer. Fuck the SEC circle of haters, I don't think anyone would have said anything much more eloquently in his situation. He was much more put together and calm in the second interview at the desk.

Alright, time to triage our team for the year.

Who are we losing, who are we getting, what do we look like next year? Ready, GO!

Starters lost...

RB Carlos Hyde

LT Jack Mewhort

LG Andrew Norwell

C Corey Linsley

RG Marcus Hall

WR Philly Brown

LB Ryan Shazier

CB Bradley Roby

S Christian Bryant

S CJ Barnett

Their likely replacements...

RB Ezekiel Elliott

LT Taylor Decker (which means RT opens up)

LG Pat Elflein

C Jacoby Boren

RG Chase Farris

RT No freakin' clue

WR Dontre Wilson

LB Mike Mitchell (all of the starting LB spots will be up for grabs I think so guys like Raekwon McMillan, Trey Johnson, etc. will also be competing)

CB Gareon Conley or Eli Apple

S Vonn Bell

S Cam Burrows

The back 7 on defense will be pretty much wide open with Doran Grant being the only real guarantee to start so those defensive guys are pretty much just complete guesses/gut feelings.

Should be a bit of an infusion of talent at the WR spot on offense. Guys who redshirted this year like Jalin Marshall, Michael Thomas and Jeff Greene (due to transfer). True freshmen Johnnie Dixon, Noah Brown, Parris Campbell and Curtis Samuel. Then James Clark who broke his leg in the 1st or 2nd game of this season. With how lackluster that position is with Smith and Spencer and losing Philly and Fields there is plenty of opportunity there if a guy shines in spring practice or fall camp.

Noah Spence suspended for Ecstacy, was facing a year but got it down to 3 games..

http://www.abc27.com/story/24385029/ohio-states-noah-spence-suspended-for-ecstasy-family-says

Couple things from the article

"The family says Spence unintentionally took the drug when he was given an open drink by people he didn't know at a party."

What idiot takes an open drink from someone you don't know?

"His father says the Big 10 originally suspended Spence for one year because they consider ecstasy a performance-enhancing drug. The NCAA considers ecstasy a street drug, which carries a lesser penalty.

The family appealed and the suspension was dropped to three games.

They appealed a second time, but the three-day suspension was upheld.

The Spence family says they also plan to file a lawsuit against the Big 10."

^^ Suing, the American Dream! Good luck suing the big10 because your kid was an idiot

The spence family is considering sueing the big10. But I really doubt that will do any good and will just make him look even worse. It is probably just hearsay or comments made in the heat of the momment. Spence is a good kid, he made mistakes and needs to own up to it. If they started making waves, I don't think Urban Meyer will take that too kindly. He practices hard, plays hard and study's hard. He was an honoree for academic all big 10. I hope his parents get their head on straight before ruining their son's career.

Their likely replacements...RB Ezekiel Elliott

LT Taylor Decker (which means RT opens up)

LG Pat Elflein

C Jacoby Boren

RG Chase Farris

RT No freakin' clue

WR Dontre Wilson

RT could be Dodson or Baldwin? You think Rod Smith will make it back into the line up? Rod smith is a hell of a running back. Just hope he gets a chance to step up next year and take Hydes place as the power back.

We are also losing Kenny G, Jordan Hall, Drew Basil.

Baldwin's definitely a possibility. I guess Dodson is too but just haven't heard really a damn thing about him since he's been at OSU aside from being involved with the Sevon Pittman mess.

I'm going to go ahead and say the only 2 guaranteed starters on the OL next season are Taylor Decker and Pat Elflein. After those guys here are the others who will be on scholarship for the 2014 season...

Tommy Brown

Darryl Baldwin

Chase Farris

Billy Price

Jacoby Boren

Evan Lisle

Kyle Dodson

Antonio Underwood

Jamarco Jones

Demetrius Knox

Kyle Trout

Marcelys Jones

Brown, Underwood and the true freshmen who aren't on campus already (J. Jones, Knox, M. Jones can probably be scratched off the list to start next season. Brown and Underwood because they're just bad (hopefully at least one of them just transfers) and the freshmen because they're freshmen.

Baldwin and Boren saw time this year and weren't the worst players ever. Lisle and Price have gotten some buzz from practices and whatnot (Lisle throughout the season on scout team and Price picked up steam later in the season then especially in bowl practice supposedly). Could see Lisle or Price taking the guard spot opposite Elflein allowing Farris to move out to RT. Or those final 3 spots could just be straight up filled by Boren, Price and Lisle.

I forgot about Price and Lisle in my first post so that's a little better having them as options.

Oh and people are really starting to feel James Franklin will be at PSU. Would be a really nice hire for them and the B1G. Apparently the Vandy assistants have all started following the PSU recruits on twitter over the last day or so.

CBS top 25 for 2014...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24401168/preseason-top-25-a-first-guess

A little better than ESPN's for the simple fact that CBS remembered Missouri has a football team and Florida wasn't included or even considered. I think I had a mini-stroke when I got to the end of the ESPN list the other day.

Still an SEC love fest, 6 of the top 15 from that conference? All but one of them losing their starting quarterback

Bama

LSU

A&M

UGA

S. Carolina

It is nice seeing the Big10 having 2 teams in the top 10 though.

Of course it's an SEC lovefest. CBS covers a lot of SEC games!

Still an SEC love fest, 6 of the top 15 from that conference? All but one of them losing their starting quarterback

Bama

LSU

A&M

UGA

S. Carolina

It is nice seeing the Big10 having 2 teams in the top 10 though.

I count 5...am I missing one from your list?