College Football Thread v4.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the last few posts have given me hope, for sure. Hope he got a SICK pay raise. Seems odd that he would leave the same position at Ark...Maybe he, like the rest of the planet, has figured out that Brett Bilema is Fail/AIDS personified. (Seriously, fuck that stupid looking mofo.)

I think that you would HAVE to be a hard ass worker to work under Meyer. Everyone knows that guy is like a machine during the season.

http://barstoolu.barstoolsports.com/files/2013/09/hogwalk.gif

After losing Vrabel, what are the chances of us landing Solomon Thomas and Mcdowell with Larry Johnson? There were a few people that were pretty sure that Thomas was going to sign with Ohio State because of Vrabel. But now, I have no idea what will happen. Edited by 1fastSTI

After losing Vrabel, what are the chances of us landing Solomon Thomas and Mcdowell with Larry Johnson? There were a few people that were pretty sure that Thomas was going to sign with Ohio State because of Vrabel. But now, I have no idea what will happen.

Recruiting is all about relationships. I dont know that Johnson has a good enough relationship with Thomas to pull him from his home school

The UGA DC hire was pretty interesting. They lost their guy because Louisville offered $1m/yr. They go out and hire someone possibly better (FSU's DC) $150k less and get him.

Been thinking about the salary for Chris Ash this morning. Luke made $600k last year and Withers made $580k. Ash was getting $550k at Arkansas. I'm still really hopeful that Ash will be in charge of the defense and Luke will retain co-DC title but really just coach the LB's. But I think a pay cut for Luke would be in order and Ash would have to be getting at least $650k.

Also, a note on Ash from Marc Givler...

This was Meyer's guy.

They didn't offer anybody else the job, they interviewed Joseph and that was about it. This was a guy that was strategically targeted by Meyer.

Remember last time around when they whiffed on their top targets and had several guys turn the job down? Didn't happen this time. I think that is meaningful.

Meyer will get all the blame or credit for this one, as he should, but he got his guy.

After losing Vrabel, what are the chances of us landing Solomon Thomas and Mcdowell with Larry Johnson? There were a few people that were pretty sure that Thomas was going to sign with Ohio State because of Vrabel. But now, I have no idea what will happen.

I think Thomas is going to end up at Stanford honestly. I really don't see anyone else joining this class unless its some under the radar guy. The class is solid as is, bank the schollies for future years and call it a day.

3* OT Brady Taylor from Columbus (currently committed to VT) will probably flip to OSU. Visits this weekend, was offered last week.

4* DT Derrick Nnadi is supposed to be visiting this weekend as well and has a relationship with Larry Johnson Sr. so that's a possibility. OSU has been in his top 3-5 the whole way without much talk about him.

It's the last day of the dead period today so game on tomorrow. Not sure how much room the staff thinks they have but Urban is usually good for a surprise or two in the home stretch.

5* DT Thomas Holley flips from Penn State to Florida , so many people thought because Johnson was coming to Ohio State that Holley would end up here as well. That kids recruitment got weird really fast, OSU was hot and heavy on him and then suddenly they just stopped recruiting him.

Just saw on the bottom ticker on ESPN a mock draft by them, there was a real intriguing pick on there in my opinion..

#26 Cleveland Browns: Carlos Hyde. I never thought he would go first round simply because running back is not a hot commodity in the NFL. As a Browns fan I would absolutely love it if this were to come true though.

They had Roby going 25th (can't remember who) and didn't see Shazier

Oh yeah, also has Manziel going #1 to Texas....

I can tell you why, his lack of size. He is a tweener in my opinion, he has great speed/instincts but if you watch the Michigan game he got absolutely ate up by Taylor Lewan several times. He needs 10 more lbs of muscle to help shed NFL blockers. Kid was a monster while at OSU, I just don't think his game will translate to the NFL

I can tell you why, his lack of size. He is a tweener in my opinion, he has great speed/instincts but if you watch the Michigan game he got absolutely ate up by Taylor Lewan several times. He needs 10 more lbs of muscle to help shed NFL blockers. Kid was a monster while at OSU, I just don't think his game will translate to the NFL

I think the combine is where he will male or lose money. If he weighs in at least 230 and runs a 4.4 and a good shuttle, he's a first rounder.

LJ Sr. on the road with Coombs and Drayton today up in Michigan. LJ Sr.'s main target being Malik McDowell.

Zach Smith in Virginia today to check on Nnadi and several 2015 guys.

Saw Hinton stopped by to visit a 2015 TE in Connecticut.

Just leaves Herman and Fickell who are probably headed to Texas and Florida.

Edited by bicranium

LJ Sr. on the road with Coombs and Drayton today up in Michigan. LJ Sr.'s main target being Malik McDowell.

Zach Smith in Virginia today to check on Nnadi and several 2015 guys.

Saw Hinton stopped by to visit a 2015 TE in Connecticut.

Just leaves Herman and Fickell who are probably headed to Texas and Florida.

Hope fickell can land us Soloman Thomas. I don't think he is lock for stanford yet. Stanford has 4 DE recruits this year and Soloman has a visit to tOSU on the 31st. I hope some way, some how he comes to Ohio State and play 2 of the best DE in the country.

Hope fickell can land us Soloman Thomas. I don't think he is lock for stanford yet. Stanford has 4 DE recruits this year and Soloman has a visit to tOSU on the 31st. I hope some way, some how he comes to Ohio State and play 2 of the best DE in the country.

I should have put respectively at the end of my post. If Herman goes anywhere it will be Texas. If Fickell goes anywhere it will be Florida. Maybe just check up on some Ohio kids.

If anyone is going to land OSU Solomon Thomas at this point it will be Herman and Johnson. It was Herman and Vrabel before so Johnson will have to slide in there and try to form a relationship with Thomas. Last I read though some were saying OSU may be 3rd now behind Stanford and Texas coming on with the new coach hype bump.

Funny little thing happened on Twitter today... Chris Ash' twitter was updated to say he was the OSU DC/secondary coach. No "co-" in front of DC. Media people on twitter saw it and pointed it out. His twitter has now been updated with "co-". :lolguy:

Some saying Meyer might be at Gesicki's basketball game tonight, some saying he won't be. He will be in the area though as class of 2015 OL Steven Gonzalez is expecting a visit from him and Warinner today.

Meyer will NOT be at the game tonight. A visit like that this late in the game would count as an in-home visit which Meyer would obviously like to save until later. Franklin is doing his in-home with Gesicki this weekend so if Meyer wants to flip him he'll want to go in after that. If Gesicki is interested at all.

For those who don't know the situation here... PSU used a lot of 2 TE sets under O'Brien. And they've got some solid TE's on the roster already. But 2 TE sets means if you're 3rd or 4th on the depth chart at the position you still have a good shot of seeing some time. Vandy's offense barely used the TE.

Here are the TE numbers for all 3 schools from 2013...

PSU TE stats 2013 - 60 catches for 758 yards and 7 TD's

Vandy TE stats 2013 - 20 catches for 227 yards and 2 TD's

OSU TE stats 2013 - 34 catches for 566 yards and 5 TD's

Obviously OSU didn't utilize the TE's as much as some people thought they might but once they get more Meyer-style TE's on the roster (ie. Marcus Baugh who had his little legal mishap and redshirted) I think that will change. Or once Herman is confident in Braxton's ability to hit Heuerman or Vannett down the seam.