Making the plunge this New Year's Eve

justinwebb

So I have made the big purchase and decided to ask my girfriend of 6 years to marry me this New Year's Eve. She has no idea as far as I know as money has been tight, we are going on a New Year's Eve train ride in nelsonville so it will be low key. Didn't feel like doing the bar scene lol. I printed out business cards for them to pass out ahead of time to everyone saying that I would be proposing and to email me any pics or video :) figured I would crowd source the train lol. Obligatory ring pic, she didn't want anything fancy but I wanted something she could show off. Wish me luck and hopefully I can come back and report a "yes"

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w264/justinwebb24/F1E2A302-96AF-46F2-9A24-143A55886FF8_zpsxyt5tdgl.jpg[/url]

Good luck! Liking the train ride idea...

If she's anything like your avatar, she's a keeper. :thumbup::thumbup:

EDIT: Just saw the ring. Nicely done! If she's loved you before that thing she's definitely going to be happy afterwards.

Edited by zeitgeist57

Congrats, people will criticize marriage, but if you have done your homework, it will be the best decision of your life.

^^ This. Wife and I have been together of nearly 25yrs. Life has it's ups and downs but so long as you keep doing the up and down it's all good ;)

Ditto what Clay said.

All I read from that post was some key words: train, crowd, run, girlfriend, new years eve.

So a crowd of people are going to run a train on your girlfriend on new years eve? :lol:

For real though congrats man Hope it goes well!! Sucks having the ring in your pocket I was super paranoid she would notice it until I asked.