What Bike should I get ?

BikerBoy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but the question is , what 600 should i get ?

and where from ? " anyone knows a place that won't try to rip you off ? "

You can get a '09 Yamaha FZ6R for right around $7,000 brand new (just under $7k for black).

I got mine just a few weeks ago from Honda Northwest in Hilliard.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/619/0/home.aspx

Edited by SWing'R
Added link to Yamaha site

Are you worried about insurance rates? A 600 will be more than a 250. I know when I called to get a quote on the R6, before I said what bike it was, my agent asked "Its not a GSX-R is it?"

He said those are the most popular. So those are the most wrecked, stolen, vandalized, etc... And that means more premium.

Don't leave out the Triumph Daytona!

But yeah sit on them and buy whatever feels right, these companies are so competitive you won't be able to tell the difference in performance unless you're a professional rider.

P.S. Spellcheck is your friend (sorry had to do it)

:honda::flag:

okay, seriously...

performance aside (since they will ALL easily have better performance than you could possibly ever use) Go with the one you like the looks of the most. you've already decided on a 600, so go sit on some of them...

hit up a big shop like state 8 (just don't buy from them) sit on some bikes, get a feel for their differences. I'm sure some of our forum members can point you in the RIGHT direction (away from hinds and state 8)

Thanks for getting NoChknStrps involved in another which bike should I get thread. Maybe we should just make a sticky of all of NoChknStrps "which bike" threads

If you're trying to say that I have asked for the boards advice you're dead wrong.

Hey shitty check this out

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=25334

it comes down to which you like best, but the only one that is a decent price is the gsxr.... the other two are TERRIBLE...I was going to get a brand new 08 left over zx10r for like 9500 cash out the door....

Agree. One reason I went with my leftover 2007 CBR 1000RR is because I got it for less than a new 600. ( ~$8500)

The GSXR is the better buy. Look around you can do better than those prices even if you have to drive a bit.

My brother has the '08 Kawi. I rode it all last summer and like it a lot. It's got about 7,000 miles on it now and there have been no problems with it. I don't think it's the most comfortable thing in the world though, although I am 6' 3" so it might be a little better for someone shorter. I think you'll be happy no matter what bike end up getting. As far as those prices go, you should definitely work them down no matter where you buy from. Remember, the economy isn't the best right now, so not as many people are buying bikes, 4wheelers, jetskis, etc., us that to your advantage.

i am not going to say a word about where to get a bike.

like mentioned above call your insurer and check on rates there might be a difference between bikes.

if you are thinking about the gsxr, but if you think you are going to be adding any performance parts to it then get the 750 to start.

just my .02 with the gsxr comment.

ok maybe one word.

if you do go somewhere i am not identifying in any way *cough* hinds *cough* just make sure to check the bike over inside and out.

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=15777

check midwest motorsports in uniontown.....its not that far from new philly right up 77. i bought my 08 kawi there last may for 8700 otd. that was a year ago. they sell kawi and honda. check them out they were real strait foward and no playing games.

i am not going to say a word about where to get a bike.

like mentioned above call your insurer and check on rates there might be a difference between bikes.

if you are thinking about the gsxr, but if you think you are going to be adding any performance parts to it then get the 750 to start.

just my .02 with the gsxr comment.

ok maybe one word.

if you do go somewhere i am not identifying in any way *cough* hinds *cough* just make sure to check the bike over inside and out.

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=15777

what happened to your sig? the pic is still there...

check midwest motorsports in uniontown.....its not that far from new philly right up 77. i bought my 08 kawi there last may for 8700 otd. that was a year ago. they sell kawi and honda. check them out they were real strait foward and no playing games.

Hey I like your.. avatar