fireplace fan, still make these?

wnaplay1647545503

We have a wood burning firplace , no gas and dont want gas. What i am looking for is a way to put more of the heat into the room. Very little is put into the room now however i remember as a kid having a fan in the fireplace that pushed the heaT out. Do they still sell these, cant find anything other than online and overpriced.

Fan is built into the unit. When it gets hot enough it pulls air in thru ones of its openings and recirculates the hot air out. Mine is on the back. Nothing to do to your existing fireplace as long as your opening matches up to the insert. The insert just slides right into the fireplace opening. The insert has its own flew opening that lines up with the fireplace. After it is in just plug it in to your nearest receptacle.

What exactly is it? With the doors closed I assume theres some sort of built in fan? Would I just place it inside what is already here? Do I have to rework the chimney?

I think most fireplaces just don't provide enough radiant heat to make up for heat (hot air) going up the chimney that has to be replaced (cold air from outside).

I believe that most inserts have a blower on them. the insert heats up a tube and a fan blows air through the tube and therefore warm air into the room. I also think that most inserts use the fireplace chimney with little or no modification.

Plenty of manufacturers out there selling these (Purchasing used in the Summer would be cheaper). Still using one that was with the home when I bought it 17 years ago made by Craft Stoves. Will heat up my 1800 Sq Ft home pretty good (Was 80 degrees in the house this past weekend - Had to turn the blower off). I am sure if you keep an eye out on CL you will find one from $2 - 500 depending on how nice it is built/looks. Might want to think about waiting until summer and picking up a new one. They burn less wood and can put out more heat (Still using wood). Couple neat one out there is Pacific called the summit. Looks great and has a glass door. Plus includes some of the new higher efficiency tech to burn the wood and produce less crap up the chimney.

Plenty of manufacturers out there selling these (Purchasing used in the Summer would be cheaper). Still using one that was with the home when I bought it 17 years ago made by Craft Stoves. Will heat up my 1800 Sq Ft home pretty good (Was 80 degrees in the house this past weekend - Had to turn the blower off). I am sure if you keep an eye out on CL you will find one from $2 - 500 depending on how nice it is built/looks. Might want to think about waiting until summer and picking up a new one. They burn less wood and can put out more heat (Still using wood). Couple neat one out there is Pacific called the summit. Looks great and has a glass door. Plus includes some of the new higher efficiency tech to burn the wood and produce less crap up the chimney.

I believe all new ones made have emissions criteria they have to meet. Most have an EGR (not sure of its official name) of sorts or a catalyst.

We have a wood burning firplace , no gas and dont want gas. What i am looking for is a way to put more of the heat into the room. Very little is put into the room now however i remember as a kid having a fan in the fireplace that pushed the heaT out. Do they still sell these, cant find anything other than online and overpriced.

Since everyone's already mentioned all the good but higher cost ideas, I wondered if you've tried a heat shield in the back of the fireplace? If you don't have one already, it's a great and inexpensive way to not only provide a little protection to the back wall of your fireplace (which makes me more comfortable adding an extra log to my small fireplace) and helps reflect heat out into the living room. It's basically a large metal shield.

I have an old style pot bellie stove with some of the exhaust pipe exposed to the room. I bought a blower that installed in the exhaust pipe. Basically you just cut out a section of the pipe and but the blower unit in its place with the fan blowing towards my stairwell. Works well my stove is in the basement and heats the house enough that the electric heater doesn't work as hard.

the fireplace in my house is like a show piece and complements the room nicely, so i personally couldnt imagine putting an insert in it because it would take away from its nice look. i also, like you wanted more heat out of my fireplace, so after looking i came across this

http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Fireplace-Accessories/Wood-Burning-Fireplace-Heaters/Wood-Burning-Fireplace-Heater-Large

for me, it works great and kicks out a bunch of heat and at the same time does not take away from the nice look of the fireplace.

with that said, i no longer use mine because i have an outdoor wood boiler