What's it worth?

WideOpenThrottle

I've been shopping around for a new toy and I found what I thought was a good deal on a 1968 Camaro that has a LS1 and 6 spd from a 2002 Camaro SS with 72K on the motor. all the body work is done and it's drivable. The wiring and tune is tune professionally. The car is solid. It comes with the interior but it isn't installed. The guy has put 350 miles on the car with no issues. The car does need painted and the interior put in.

It has Texas Speed Cam, CAI, headers, Disc Brakes, and a tune... Dyno'ed at 380. And has all paperwork

I know a few of your guys have searched for these I'm just curious how the market is on these drivable and how much when they are completed? Thanks

I would expect to pay mid to low teens for it. Leaning more towards low teens.

I'd also guess mid to low teens since it still needs a paint job. Disc brakes are a huge plus IMO

They said exactly what i was thinking, Probably somewhere in the $12k - $14k range.

Need more information:

-Pictures of body (see how the panels line up)

-Where is the chrome?

-How much body work has been done?

-What kind of body parts were used (old stock, new re-pop stuff)?

-What kind of interior is included?

-Is the interior original parts or new re-pop stuff?

-Who did the wiring harness?

-What kind of suspension is under it?

Just looking at how it sits I would toss them a number around 12k. Clean first gen f-bodies are getting hard to find that are not finished.

-Pictures of body (see how the panels line up)

-Where is the chrome? The chrome hasn't been put on, nor has the weather stripping. It comes with old original and new chrome.

-How much body work has been done? All body work was done by a shop and was done well.

-What kind of body parts were used (old stock, new re-pop stuff)? The trunk pan was done, had two small dime size holes, (Showed previous pics) in the passenger side floor so he did a one piece floor, and the passenger side rocker panel. No quarters were replaced or roof.

-What kind of interior is included? The seats are original recovered and refinished and the rest (door panels, dash pad, carpet ext) is from TMI Products

-Is the interior original parts or new re-pop stuff? The seats and headliner are original just refinished. Comes with old door panels but new repop stuff as well

-Who did the wiring harness? Mayhem Motors in NC did the wiring throughout the car

-What kind of suspension is under it? Has a 4 link under the rear and new OEM parts under the front with all new bushings

Need more information:

Just looking at how it sits I would toss them a number around 12k. Clean first gen f-bodies are getting hard to find that are not finished.

I've been searching for a first gen for a year now. Any time a decent deal comes up I'm out of state for it. In all honesty I need a solid roller. I have everything for one and that's how I stumbled onto this.

I have a 383 CI with FAST System

11:1 compression

Ross Forged Pistons

Eagle 6" rods

Dart Pro 1 230 CC Aluminum heads

Crane .621/.631 custom ground solid roller camshaft

Crane Gold Rocker arms with stud girdles

Hooker Super Comp Headers with custom H-Pipe & true dual exhaust using Borla XR - 1 mufflers

Built T-56 6 speed with Hurst shifter & Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch

Baer Track Claw 13" rotors with PBR calipers

Momo Corsa seats

Autometer Carbon Fiber gauges kit

Just nothing to throw it all into

His second one is still being built and hasn't been sold yet.

and he was asking ~$36k for it, in pieces.

I'd pay about $10k for something like this if I knew all the issues and had the ability to semi-easily take care of them.. but I've seen the asking prices on stuff like this range from $7k to.. well.. $36k.