Post up your rpm at 70 MPH

carl1647545492

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/carlukok/DSC08610.jpg

I looked down and saw we were running at 2000 rpm at just a scosche under 70 mph,on level ground.

Thought that was pretty dam low rpm for 70 mph ? in the quest for decent fuel mileage of course.

I,m running a 2014 Honda Accord Sedan with a 4 cyl 2.4 and CTV Tranny

Lets see what you have.

Have someone else take the pic for you if you are in heavy traffic.

Mine runs around 2k, and it's a 2013 Accord sedan 4 cyl 6 speed manual.

Thats in 6th gear :)

Ditto. lol What year? It's look like a newer Civic. I'd thought they'd put a huge 6th gear in there like many other manufacturer's to help with highway mileage. Do they use the same 6sp in the SI and they do the regular Civic? It makes more sense in a SI, I guess or in my Faktrix GTRS, I mean, Matrix XRS, I mean Vibe GT. :p

Ditto. lol What year? It's look like a newer Civic. I'd thought they'd put a huge 6th gear in there like many other manufacturer's to help with highway mileage. Do they use the same 6sp in the SI and they do the regular Civic? It makes more sense in a SI, I guess or in my Faktrix GTRS, I mean, Matrix XRS, I mean Vibe GT. :p

2009. Everything but the SI has a 5 speed manual transmission. 6th gear is a gas saver in this car. Last time I did a road trip to cincinnati and back I had 29MPG. Good enough for me. This car loves to rev high. It is kind of hard to drive it and keep the RPMs under 3k. You have to shift every few seconds because VTEC just kicked in yo.

Like 2900 RPMs at 70, 2013 Ford Focus 2.0L, 5 speed manual transmission. Cruise control at 70 will net me 32 MPGs+ all day long. I can hit, and hold, 40 MPG in this car with cruise at 55.

EDIT: 89 octane, to clarify since these are also flex fuel vehicles. Haven't really played around with e85 too much.

2009. Everything but the SI has a 5 speed manual transmission. 6th gear is a gas saver in this car. Last time I did a road trip to cincinnati and back I had 29MPG. Good enough for me. This car loves to rev high. It is kind of hard to drive it and keep the RPMs under 3k. You have to shift every few seconds because VTEC just kicked in yo.

I test drove a 2013 SI before the I got the accord. Every single time I hit 3k rpm i thought "well I'm already this close, might as well go to 8k and skip a shift"

Fucking vtec.

I test drove a 2013 SI before the I got the accord. Every single time I hit 3k rpm i thought "well I'm already this close, might as well go to 8k and skip a shift"

Fucking vtec.

"Might as well go to 8k because the car is slow"

FTFY.

Slightly off topic, but what's your real world MPGs in that car? Debating on getting a slightly used one...

25mpg. On a 2k mile road trip that included a couple days in Boston traffic (aka gridlock) I averaged a best of 27.5mpg, but my daily life has me between 24.5-25mpg. Right now I'm at 24.8 with a 91 octane stage 1 tune on performance winter rubber, about to put the summer tires on.

I never make it out to the meets (working every Saturday) but I'd be happy to show you my car sometime. If you can deal with the FWD LOL haters, you'll love it.