Well, this is one way to start my weekend...

JuicedH22

I have seen lots of people suffer through that when they have to deal with .gov, semi-trucks, or anything like that. Those insurance companies try to wear you down to the point you just give up...

That must be govt agencies in general. 5 years into my battle with one and it has ruined my life, no end in sight.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GMoney
That's sucks, I hope you get a fair deal in the end. I hate to see nice cars wrecked by someone other than the owner. This is the exact reason I gave up on driving nice cars, I have the worst luck.

Not sure how that is possible because I'm pretty sure that is against the law and kind of goes agaisnst the whole insurance thing.

COTA, police and fire will never have to pay a claim while on duty.

Whoa, sucks - sorry to hear of this. Of course, best thing is that no one was hurt. Second best thing is that your interior got an upgrade. Who doesn't like the new coffee smell for a car fragrance?

Not sure if anyone mentioned this or not, but were you late? Because your license plate says you never are and wouldn't it be ironic and funny if you were late because of this? LOL haha anyway c u l8 buddie k hang up now

Well, i completely missed my first two meetings of hte morning, but made my 3rd on time. So I guess since I was completely absent to those meetings, I was not "late" to them.

I will let you guys know how the insurance thing works out... The school district people that showed up this morning told me that an adjuster would be calling me Monday-Tuesday next week to come look at car...

In the meantime, I recommend going through your own insurance company and pay your deductible. They will take care of everything and negotiate with the school district, and will allow you to obtain a rental immediately, etc.

Not sure how that is possible because I'm pretty sure that is against the law and kind of goes agaisnst the whole insurance thing.

I've had some claims where a government vehicle was at fault, and there are cases where their immunity applies in that they will pay your deductible but put your insurance company on the hook for everything else. There is no one single way that government agencies handle their vehicles. Seems pretty random to me which ones will handle the whole amount and which won't.

After dealing with some of the insurers who carry gov agencies though, I would never use them anyway. I'll add a vote to the "let your own insurance handle it" group because it will be way less of a pain in the ass for you.

I had a local city do $4700 worth of damage to my wife's caddy, they gave me the finger and said f-off, we're not accountable, my insurance had to pay for their mistake, and they were ok with that, which is part of the problem IMO.

Another buddy had his SS Nova hit by a fire truck, basically the same response I got.....f-off, we're not responsible.

OP, good luck, be thankful you weren't hurt.

In the meantime, I recommend going through your own insurance company and pay your deductible. They will take care of everything and negotiate with the school district.

Yup. The power of subro.

GL, might be totaled. Corvettes are a nightmare for repairs as they are all fiberglass. I can't recall the last Corvette that we didn't have to total...

That's shitty. Good luck, man.

Whoa, sucks - sorry to hear of this. Of course, best thing is that no one was hurt. Second best thing is that your interior got an upgrade. Who doesn't like the new coffee smell for a car fragrance?

Not sure if anyone mentioned this or not, but were you late? Because your license plate says you never are and wouldn't it be ironic and funny if you were late because of this? LOL haha anyway c u l8 buddie k hang up now

Haha Goddamn you for finally making me laugh at the running joke (admitted or otherwise) in this thread.

In the meantime, I recommend going through your own insurance company and pay your deductible. They will take care of everything and negotiate with the school district, and will allow you to obtain a rental immediately, etc.

This seems like sound advice.