Beer People Halp!

mrhobbz

Anyone know where I can find Warsteiner or Maisels in/around Columbus? They're both of german orgin.

Warsteiner is a light somewhat bitter pilsner and Maisels is a sweet lager with am almost dark caramel color.

Try Crafted Drafts off Hamilton in northern Gahanna....extensive beer/root beer selection, all single bottles are color coded by type or region with tasting notes as well. Lots of local brews I've never heard of too. Great place.

Never hears of andersons, looks promising. Thanks!

Giant Eagle usually has a good selection of beers depending on which one you go to. They have some stuff that Anderson's doesn't, and vice versa.. but the Kenny Rd. store has it all.

Gotta love liars......savor that is.

Warsteiner is at most giant eagles and kroger stores. not sure on the other.

Savor growl is notorious for scoundrel like business practices.

Yeah that Hopslam situation was not good press for them at all, though it was amusing to read the comments on various sites. Don't go there often, but something feels off whenever I do.

Yeah that Hopslam situation was not good press for them at all, though it was amusing to read the comments on various sites. Don't go there often, but something feels off whenever I do.

It's really too bad that they do things like that as they get a good selection of beers. I just won't shop at a place that does that kind of thing. Plenty of other good beer shops in town, so no worries.

Gotta love liars......savor that is.

Warsteiner is at most giant eagles and kroger stores. not sure on the other.

Savor growl is notorious for scoundrel like business practices.

It's really too bad that they do things like that as they get a good selection of beers. I just won't shop at a place that does that kind of thing. Plenty of other good beer shops in town, so no worries.

So, anything other than Hopslam gate? Serious question. I read both sides in that and can't jump to any conclusions. Really the biggest detractor I have from that even being a situation is that, wouldn't they get into serious trouble with the LCB and supplier if this were true? I've been going there since I moved into the neighborhood and have never had any issues. But I also don't want to support a shady business if there is any real evidence that they are.

It's also the closest store to me, so it would be hard to give up. :)

To the OP... I would think you can get that pretty much anywhere that has a good beer selection.

So, anything other than Hopslam gate? Serious question. I read both sides in that and can't jump to any conclusions. Really the biggest detractor I have from that even being a situation is that, wouldn't they get into serious trouble with the LCB and supplier if this were true? I've been going there since I moved into the neighborhood and have never had any issues. But I also don't want to support a shady business if there is any real evidence that they are.

It's also the closest store to me, so it would be hard to give up. :)

To the OP... I would think you can get that pretty much anywhere that has a good beer selection.

They have had instances of the same beer being marked higher in the front displays than in the back. They advertise certain hard to get beers to get you in the door, then pull the bait and switch crap. They just aren't doing things that I feel are good for the craft beer community in the area.

The hopslam issue was just too big to ignore and brought the other issues back to light.

In Grove City, for a fairly impressive selection of craft beer in a place you wouldn't expect it, try Ernie's Carryout (4340 Broadway)

Love that place. I actually went to High School with one of the girls that works there. Whenever I'm close by I will stop in and grab something.

They have had instances of the same beer being marked higher in the front displays than in the back. They advertise certain hard to get beers to get you in the door, then pull the bait and switch crap. They just aren't doing things that I feel are good for the craft beer community in the area.

The hopslam issue was just too big to ignore and brought the other issues back to light.

They have also ripped off many artists and other beer companies artwork, fliers, advertising to use for their own. I've head a lot of other stores, and just quite frankly the owners overall reaction to the "hopslam gate" is just hilarious. And he changed his story so many times I lost track.