A Florida ccw question

Mace1647545504

OK first of all I am a procrastinator to the Nth degree, also I thought I took my ccw class later than I did......anyway

I finally decided to send away for my Florida ccw , but when I looked I took the class 4/20/13, over 1 year ago. Something in my head ..yes I have voices in my head..tells me that I only had 1 year from the time I received my Ohio training to send away for my Fla. ccw. I scanned the Fla manual but didn't see anything stating that.

Does anyone have an answer for this question?

Thanks

I recently got my florida permit and all I needed was proof that i had firearm training at some point (Hunting permit, any firearms class, military exp, etc.). Then you have the standard fingerprints, background check, etc. I used the certificate from Blackwing from probably 4-5 years ago with no problems.

I recently got my florida permit and all I needed was proof that i had firearm training at some point (Hunting permit, any firearms class, military exp, etc.). Then you have the standard fingerprints, background check, etc. I used the certificate from Blackwing from probably 4-5 years ago with no problems.

I agree.. I have a Florida permit as well and I don't recall a time limit on training. I used an old hunter's safety course completion cert.. normally I wouldn't recommend that as proof you know gun safety, but I have a good deal of legitimate training and experience in addition to that, so I took the cheaper route and passed on the CCW classes.

So, if you have an Ohio CCW, you can send for a Florida CCW? Any other states?

Thanks.

There's a sticky in this section that explains this in detail, I suggest you check it out. Short answer, yes, Arizona, Florida, Virginia, and Pennsylvania are the easiest.

Edit - I couldn't copy paste on my phone for some reason, so here's the link http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105406

Edited by copperhead