GTR experience

The_buster

On Saturday I got to drive a GTR. I loved it, had a blast driving it. I will be honest, it did scare me, until now the most powerful thing I have driven was my dads 3/4 ton truck with a 454, this car is a beast. I only got to 116 mph but the straight section was about 4 to 5 seconds long, or so it seemed. I didn't buy the video of the drive because it was $80, but here are some pics.

me with the car

10250124_10100930077624272_7327367008242895657_n.jpg

interior

10308078_10100930077609302_4289807025650211089_n.jpg

my time sheet

10322826_10100930077694132_4930403309307221740_n.jpg

and close up of the track

10309659_10100930077699122_2007353219961245172_n.jpg

The handling was amazing. We were in 2nd gear through the road course and it wanted to go faster. Also found out I'm not a good candidate for auto cross. I didn't understand the point of turn in. Oh well would love to do it again.

155mph on 315 with Jones.....that will scare you ;)

Fastest I have been is 140 in the 1G. That scared me. I certainly understand the GTR's suspension design is light years ahead of a 1G; but still, the prospect of doing that or faster again scares the crap out of me.

Fastest I have been is 140 in the 1G. That scared me. I certainly understand the GTR's suspension design is light years ahead of a 1G; but still, the prospect of doing that or faster again scares the crap out of me.

I've been 145+ in three different cars. Back in the day I had a TT-ZX, then in a Grand Prix GXP on a track and my MS3 in NoWhereville, IN. The Z was planted, the GXP felt great but even the MS3 was solid.

I've been in a certain pewter Z28 doing with the speedo pegged (at 155, I think?) and the tach slowly climbing for about a minute. That car was eerily stable. :fuckyeah:

I've also been in a certain yellow C5 Z06 doing around 170 and watching a yellow C6 walk away from us. :eek:

I've been 145+ in three different cars. Back in the day I had a TT-ZX, then in a Grand Prix GXP on a track and my MS3 in NoWhereville, IN. The Z was planted, the GXP felt great but even the MS3 was solid.

Imperfections hiding in the road are what scares me the most. Some dips and rises seem to sneak up, (more here in TX than I noticed in OH). The road looks straight, and by the time you notice it's not, you are already in a dip that is rising back up. I have had the GSX in the air more than once because of that crap. :lolguy:

Imperfections hiding in the road are what scares me the most. Some dips and rises seem to sneak up, (more here in TX than I noticed in OH). The road looks straight, and by the time you notice it's not, you are already in a dip that is rising back up. I have had the GSX in the air more than once because of that crap. :lolguy:

No doubt. Especially for me the MS3 doesn't settle from an undulation like I want. Needs some suspension upgrades for sure. Good news is I don't play above 90mph much at all.

I've been in a certain pewter Z28 doing with the speedo pegged (at 155, I think?) and the tach slowly climbing for about a minute. That car was eerily stable. :fuckyeah:

Yep, only pegged my ws6 a couple times but that's where the needle stopped. I'm sure that certain pewter car got there a little quicker though.

Being on one wheel when that happens isn't fun either

Had Littleguy with me on 555 in the RAV w/my all terrains on it and got it airborne. haha We were mostly out for logging roads etc but hit some of those serious hill crests that you know exist if you've driven around there before. Not a high speed jump like most of the ones here, though and lucky I didn't blow out the shocks or screw something up. I have had the high speed jump in more than one car, though. Puckered to the point of cramping my a-hole each time.