Need New Car Suggestions

Mowgli1647545497

So I plan to be rich later this year.

School me on what car to buy.

Criteria:

1 - no cheap shit

2 - sedan (maybe, I don't know, fuck it, whatever)

3 - dashboard cant be "hotizontally-ish" I hate that, and no wood, grandma

4 - lots of doodads/screens to play with inside

5 - ridiculously powerful sound system w lots of input options

6 - warranty

7 - 450+hp min (not going down from my V - although if you suggest a really light car I'm in)

8 - may be commuter

9 - auto

10 - AWD if I can get it, RWD w tits stability control if not

I've looked at Jags, BMWs, Maseratis, Mercedes, Audi, The 300 SRT8 (yeah I know), 2014 Stingrays (I know its not a sedan, fuck off), Cobras, wait-n-see on the next V, WRXs, EVOs, Teslas, Camaros, Rolls, etc etc etc

I just can't find anything that gets me interested, much less excited. It is sad.

Help. I'm afraid if I can't find a hot car to lust for, my midlife crisis penis will fall off.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definitely consider a 13-14 Shelby - they're light years beyond what comes to mind when you think of typical old Mustangs. I have the Shaker system and it sounds decent, I guess, but still not as good as maxing out a credit card at Best Buy or whatever place is cool nowadays.

Microsoft SYNC is amazing, to me.. but I come from a long line of caveman 90's cars. Being able to sync up my phone to the radio for Pandora or make phone calls from the steering wheel blows my fucking mind. You also get a Tremec 6-speed, so transmission failures are not a worry like some believe the GT's MT82 to be. Also, 662 fucking horsepower should be enough for a while.. if not, the sky's the limit in modding. The best part is these cars are amazing for plain old daily grinds to work as well, as the traction and stability controls are some of the best I've ever experienced with rwd. For $55k (new) that's a hell of a deal, imo.

Cons:

Stock handling is poopy.

Back seats are great for backpacks or toting a six-pack home from the gas station, but that's about it.

If you're married you can't ethically fuck all the bitches that want your Mustang dick.

Have you test driven a Tesla S P85? I was very impressed when I did. It's one of the few cars on my dream list, and I think it fulfills every requirement you listed.

I agree, the only car that meets all of the criteria. Test drive an XFR/XFR-S if you like the Mustang. It's powered by a supercharged version of the Coyote engine and is a hoot to drive/make smoke shows with.

Tried Teslas. Don't do it for me. Good tech, nice cars. Boring.

Have neighbors that own them, rode in em. Raced rm. Bleh. I'll never get probably for the same reason I'd never have bought the old NSX. Too... bleh.

V and the Cobra are in same boat: since there's a new model year out they are both transitioning, so I gotta wait. But if this goes on long enough I'll definitely be checking both out. Love my current V, long in the tooth as it is.

Panamerican looks like ass.

BMWs are so good they're boring. You know how on Top Gear they always agree the BMW is the best car, and that's what James May always shows up in. Then the Hamster shows up in some offbeat thing. Then Clarkson shows up in a absurdly over the top AMG?

I'm Clarkson.

Although the Lambo suggestion piqued my interest... I doubt it could be a daily. I actually use my cars. I tend not to buy 2 or 3 for purposes but one that I use the snot out of.

I don't see humping a Lambo to the office. Of course, since I plan to be rich this may not be an issue....

PS - GTRs look like shit. Well no. Not really. More like boring. Camry-esque. Except their butt. That big giant wavy plastic/fiberglass rubber rear end takes its styling misdemeanors right out of the old Corvette's book of rear end styling offenses. The new Stingray rear was the main reason I actually started sidling up to the Vette. So until the GTR change that ugly billboard drive-in of an ass they are right out. Also, see Tesla above: the "Good but bleh" factor.

Okay, Clarkson, since you're that jaded, have you considered a Brabus E V-12? I believe it comes in a 4-door sedan, although for that kind of money, I'd have the droptop and always drive with the top open so that everyone could see who owned this car. :fuckyeah:

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/2010-brabus-mercedes-benz-e-v12_zps43c93a41.jpg

800 hp, 230 mph top speed

Used Brabus Maybach? http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77229&highlight=brabus

you could always have the wood refinished in piano black

Was also going to say RS7.

RS6 would be an option too... if they sold it in the US... :(

If he is planning on being rich, like he says and could spend lambo money, import an RS6. BUT in all seriousness, I say the RS7 too. Amazing car, great power and you could daily.