Kitchen almost done

max power

Got our granite countertops installed tonight and they look fantastic. Went to their shop and picked out (wife did) our slabs, they came and measured for the template yesterday and installed them today.

If anybody wants some real granite counters for a real good price, PM me and I'll get you the guys #.

pics:

IMG_0153.jpg

Still need to install the appliance garage in the corner and finish backsplash, install plumbing, microwave and stove, knobs and pulls, kickpanels, etc..

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0150-1.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

Edited by max power

Looks really nice.

This reminds me of the last time I was at Lowes. They had a big slab of countertop granite outside with a sign on it advertising that it was on sale and had an 8 year warranty. 8 years? It's GRANITE. What the hell did they do to reduce the expected life of a ROCK to EIGHT YEARS? I just thought it was a funny observation :p

VERY nice! I'm wrapping up a whole house remodel myself with Moose's huge amount of assistance. Maybe I missed it, but can I ask how much it cost? Remodeling the kitchen with new cabinets and countertops is the next big thing on my list. If you want, you can PM me.

This reminds me of the last time I was at Lowes. They had a big slab of countertop granite outside with a sign on it advertising that it was on sale and had an 8 year warranty. 8 years? It's GRANITE. What the hell did they do to reduce the expected life of a ROCK to EIGHT YEARS? I just thought it was a funny observation :p

The "warrant" was against stains and breakage. If you don't install properly it can crack. Granite is porous and can soak up stains. Lowe's "treats" their granite to prevent it from absorbing stains. Some call it a sealer, but it's actually a impregnator. The granite soaks up the impregnator so when or if you spill something that would usually stain or etch the granite (vinegar for instance), the spill can not pass through deep enough to actually stain.

Thanks everybody. Between the kitchen and bath, its been 1 whole year of tear out to the studs, tear out inside kitchen wall and build archway to match others in the house, built in pantry, new plumbing and mechanicals, insulation, drywall, floor, alarm system, outside stove vent, tub, cabinets, vanity, counters, windows, etc. all done out of pocket AND I was unemployed for the first part of it. Not the smartest thing I've ever done, but I'm very proud of the hard work that went into it.

Got the microwave and exterior vent, stove and appliance garage installed over the weekend.

All thats left is to finish the plumbing to the sinks and trim. The granite guys are coming back to install the rest of the backsplash tomorrow.

Here are a couple of updated pics. (BTW, my camera sucks)

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

Very nice man! I just did the same to my kitchen, went from stereotypical early 70's country kitchen to something decent, put the tile down last week, and when I get home (I'm in Upstate NY right now) I've got to put the grout in. Then I can do finish molding, and start on the downstairs bathroom lol shits a never ending project, owning a house.

Got a great price on the house because it had never been remodeled in 70 years. Then lived in it like that for 3 years. The wife deserves the new kitchen and bath. Next big construction project is my new garage/shop. :D