New (to me) DD

vitamincj

I cannot begin to explain how fun this car is! It just puts a smile on my face every time I get in. I'm very excited to get this on the track or to an auto-X.

I went to the London Cobra Show Saturday and realized I only had 10% of the funds to buy a Cobra. Luckily, this only cost 10% of a Cobra so I picked it up.

1990 MX-5

53XXX miles

unmodified

only 3 dings that I could find

no rust

Well cared for

Plans: Rollbar, new brakes, not let this distract from LS swap.

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww175/vitamincj/4a43cf3c-f4f1-4970-ad1a-b0c89060686f.jpg

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww175/vitamincj/DSC_0367.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Nice car! You'll love it.

If the interior gets hot, it may be the gasket(s) between the shifter and the tranny tunnel allowing the exhaust heat into the cabin. There are 2. Pretty easy to replace. My '90 also had an issue with the turn signal, pretty easy fix.

It's amazing how much fun these little cars are, just don't turn into a Miata douche.

I'm surprised you said this, Scott. As much as I joke with Miata owners, I don't believe I've ever met one who wasn't a really great guy. I admit that I don't know of any of the older crowd (the straw hats) who drive them, but the ones I've met have all been friendly and very enthusiastic about driving. And I can think of at least thirty or more Miata owners I know well.

Vitamincj: great pick-up and I bet you'll enjoy it more than you would have enjoyed a Cobra. ;)

I'm surprised you said this, Scott. As much as I joke with Miata owners, I don't believe I've ever met one who wasn't a really great guy. I admit that I don't know of any of the older crowd (the straw hats) who drive them, but the ones I've met have all been friendly and very enthusiastic about driving. And I can think of at least thirty or more Miata owners I know well.

Vitamincj: great pick-up and I bet you'll enjoy it more than you would have enjoyed a Cobra. ;)

Sorry recent bad experience with some narrow minded people, driving a Miata and talking shit about Camaros and Mustangs. :dumb:

http://sonnekfit.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/anchorman.jpg

:) Thanks guys! I have no doubt that I will enjoy this more than a Cobra. I already have one garage queen. I hate worrying about it. Where it's parked and what kids are currently grinding their bicycle pedals up against it. If I had a Cobra my blood pressure would go up every time I parked it outside of it's bubble.

I have already cut the springs, installed tornado intake turbo supercharger nitrous fogger and applied 5 "shocker" stickers so there is no danger of me becoming a Miata Douche. ;)

I have already cut the springs, installed tornado intake turbo supercharger nitrous fogger and applied 5 "shocker" stickers so there is no danger of me becoming a Miata Douche. ;)

:lolguy:

The first time I have seen "ricer" summed up so nicely.