Summer 2014 Import Alliance

Doc1647545523

A number of us from CR attended last weekend at Kentucky Speedway. It was a blast! :)

For those interested in looking at a few of the cars, here's one of the better videos to give you the feel of the show.

(Disclaimer: 10 minutes of tuner cars. My car at 3:09 - 3:19.)

I had planned to drive the GTFT86FRSBRZ (the blue car), but a combination of weather and a belt issue made me change my mind at the last minute and take the Celica. It seems that at an event like that, the Celica's more popular anyway. It's not a pretty car, but over fifty people sat in it over the 2 days and most had their photos snapped sitting in it or standing next to it.

I suppose it's my vanity showing, but for me it only takes one person saying, "I'm happy you brought this today .... I never thought I'd see one" to make me feel that the effort was worth it.

I had planned to drive the GTFT86FRSBRZ (the blue car), but a combination of weather and a belt issue made me change my mind at the last minute and take the Celica. It seems that at an event like that, the Celica's more popular anyway. It's not a pretty car, but over fifty people sat in it over the 2 days and most had their photos snapped sitting in it or standing next to it.

I suppose it's my vanity showing, but for me it only takes one person saying, "I'm happy you brought this today .... I never thought I'd see one" to make me feel that the effort was worth it.

It's more fun to share the enthusiasm with others when it comes to cars. I enjoy bs'ing about cars and racing almost as much as the racing.....almost ;)

It's a nice feeling. When I took the 1G to a meet last summer, this dude came up and thanked me for bringing it. He just stared at it for a while, asked questions, thanked me multiple times, (clean 1G's are a rarity down here, I know of 1 other that's as clean and making any kind of respectable power). Point being, it's nice when someone else acknowledges your hard work and care.