Viper decapitation on 33/Avery yesterday....

TTQ B4U

I saw the accident on my news alerts but didn't pay much attention until I went to a baseball game today with a friend and one of the players who is a Sheriff was on-scene and said it was a guy in a Viper who hit the wires that prevent cross-over into oncoming traffic. I didn't get a chance to ask too much detail but was wondering if anyone here heard about it?

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/08/09/dublin-ohio-fatal-crash-closes-dublin-highway.html

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I do, and that was the first thing g that came to my mind. I absolutely hate those cable barriers. They're like a giant cheese grader at speed.

Wonder how a low car, even with a full hardtop would do against those. Say....an RX7 for example.

If you go straight into the cables it doesn't matter much. By the time it slices the C pillar your heads already gone. The link MoJoe posted was a Gen V hardtop.

Update: insurance agent was behind the viper going the speed limit, all the sudden the viper went left into the cables. Either he had a medical issue, something broke on the car or he decided to take his life. No matter what happened, it's sad and I feel for his family.

Update: insurance agent was behind the viper going the speed limit, all the sudden the viper went left into the cables. Either he had a medical issue, something broke on the car or he decided to take his life. No matter what happened, it's sad and I feel for his family.

Article from todays Dispatch Says he was merging into traffic from the Avery rd on-ramp.