College Football Thread v5.0

bicranium

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Mizzou had won that game, they would have played OSU in NC game that year.

If WVU had won their game, then they would have played OSU in NC game that year.

Had both Mizzou and WVU won their games, then they would have played each other for NC game that year, IIRC. I think Mizzou lost to Oklahoma in B12 championship game that year (and I expected them to lose that) and WVU lost to Pitt in the Backyard Brawl (which I did not see coming at all).

I remember watching those games at Champps and thinking that we just needed either Mizzou or WVU to lose and we were golden. Of course, both of them shit the bed and we were left to get our asses handed to us again by a fucking SEC team.

That WVU-Pitt game was the worst officiated game I've ever watched. The Big East wanted so badly for WVU to be in the national title game and Pitt still overcame. THE WANNSTACHE!

I will say, though, that watching the OSU-PSU game, I was like, "man, PSU is getting jobbed". Then after a while I was like, "No, these refs just suck, really bad".

The coin flip for OT...

I wish I could just punch that writer in the mouth. Does he not know he works for a company that is in the process of the producing the largest conspiracy in college sports history?

Michigan will be wearing some pink this weekend for breast cancer awareness. For those not aware, Saturday is November 1st. Breast cancer awareness month is October. Keep up the good work, Michigan!

That program is such a mess

LOL

In other news, just read an interview with Urban and apparently they work Jalin Marshall in at QB every practice... To me that says our backups really suck or, they want nothing but a mobile/shifty guy back there at qb. Said Marshall will also play running back and Dunn is recovering from an injured hamstring.

"On short-yardage struggles: "Tom's going to have to throw it, because everyone is loading the box in there." Urban noted that's when they miss a running back like Carlos Hyde."

Oh yeah, one other thing I found interesting

"Urban Meyer admitted he "didn't see it" in the recruitment of Darron Lee, a sub-4.5 high school quarterback, as a college linebacker, but Luke Fickell did. Urban lauded Lee's performance this year; "He's going to be an NFL linebacker if he keeps going.""

Fire Fickell!!!

My buddy Tommy is a soldier, and he told me once about how they sanitize latrines in the desert. Pull out barrel that is filled with piss and shit, pour in copious amounts of diesel, set on fire. That seems to be a fitting allegory for UM football right now.