College Football Thread v5.0

bicranium

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

In other news, just read an interview with Urban and apparently they work Jalin Marshall in at QB every practice... To me that says our backups really suck or, they want nothing but a mobile/shifty guy back there at qb. Said Marshall will also play running back and Dunn is recovering from an injured hamstring.

"On short-yardage struggles: "Tom's going to have to throw it, because everyone is loading the box in there." Urban noted that's when they miss a running back like Carlos Hyde."

Oh yeah, one other thing I found interesting

"Urban Meyer admitted he "didn't see it" in the recruitment of Darron Lee, a sub-4.5 high school quarterback, as a college linebacker, but Luke Fickell did. Urban lauded Lee's performance this year; "He's going to be an NFL linebacker if he keeps going.""

Fire Fickell!!!

Hopefully they're working Marshall in at QB so that the wildcat will be less predictable. For God's sake, throw the damn thing every now and then to keep defenses from loading the box against the run.

LOL

In other news, just read an interview with Urban and apparently they work Jalin Marshall in at QB every practice... To me that says our backups really suck or, they want nothing but a mobile/shifty guy back there at qb. Said Marshall will also play running back and Dunn is recovering from an injured hamstring.

"On short-yardage struggles: "Tom's going to have to throw it, because everyone is loading the box in there." Urban noted that's when they miss a running back like Carlos Hyde."

Oh yeah, one other thing I found interesting

"Urban Meyer admitted he "didn't see it" in the recruitment of Darron Lee, a sub-4.5 high school quarterback, as a college linebacker, but Luke Fickell did. Urban lauded Lee's performance this year; "He's going to be an NFL linebacker if he keeps going.""

Fire Fickell!!!

Hopefully they're working Marshall in at QB so that the wildcat will be less predictable. For God's sake, throw the damn thing every now and then to keep defenses from loading the box against the run.

They've messed with Jalin at QB/wildcat since fall camp. I think I posted about that in here saying that we may see someone other than Cardale/JT taking snaps vs. Navy. It didn't happen then but I wouldn't be surprised to see it soon. Either they throw it in vs. Illinois and we get a Tebow-esque jump pass out of Jalin to give MSU something to think about or they just hold onto it until MSU. Or we never see it. SO MANY POSSIBILITIES.

Also pretty sure we're getting the double post glitch again here. Seems to happen just after we hit the 30 page mark so I'll start a new one maybe Sunday/Monday after this week's games. To avoid double posts just don't use the Quick Reply box.