College Football Thread v5.0

bicranium

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Herman needs to be shown the door, this dude shits the bed every time OSU is on primetime (Michigan State, Clemson, Va Tech, Penn State). Even Urban made a comment going in to halftime that they were playing too conservative, guess what happened? Double OT after blowing a 17 point lead happened. I have not been impressed by Herman the entire time he has been here, I don't care how many points OSU puts up a game, they are playing scrub teams, they had better put up 50 a game.

I was talking to my buddy during the 1st half and he made the comment "I hope Barrett doesn't get hurt running all those qb draws", low and behold he gets injured. At some point the running qb shit has got to stop, there is running backs on the team for a reason. Also I hate the wildcat, it was creative 10 years ago when the Dolphins busted it out or whoever it was. Today it does nothing unless you use the running back/wr to actually throw the ball to surprise the defense.

Oh yeah LOL at the polls once again, Ole' Miss loses and drops 4 spots in the AP and 6 in the coaches. MSU thumps Michigan and stays put, Aurburn barely beats a bad SC team and jumps 2 spots in the coaches.

Let me check the schedule this week and i'll give you my picks and see if I can go 4/4 on upsets

I was sending texts to anyone who would listen during the 2nd half about Herman's duck and cover play calling against anyone in a "big" situation. It's pathetic. I'm still wondering why Hyde didn't get the ball on 4th and 1 against both MSU and Clemson last year.

I thought I was watching play calling for Braxton on Saturday. He better figure it out before East Lansing or we might as well just accept defeat.

Tom Herman needs to be shown the door, this dude shits the bed every time OSU is on primetime (Michigan State, Clemson, Va Tech, Penn State). Even Urban made a comment going in to halftime that they were playing too conservative, guess what happened? Double OT after blowing a 17 point lead happened. I have not been impressed by Herman the entire time he has been here, I don't care how many points OSU puts up a game, they are playing scrub teams, they had better put up 50 a game.

I was talking to my buddy during the 1st half and he made the comment "I hope Barrett doesn't get hurt running all those qb draws", low and behold he gets injured. At some point the running qb shit has got to stop, there is running backs on the team for a reason. Also I hate the wildcat, it was creative 10 years ago when the Dolphins busted it out or whoever it was. Today it does nothing unless you use the running back/wr to actually throw the ball to surprise the defense.

Oh yeah LOL at the polls once again, Ole' Miss loses and drops 4 spots in the AP and 6 in the coaches. MSU thumps Michigan and stays put, Aurburn barely beats a bad SC team and jumps 2 spots in the coaches.

Let me check the schedule this week and i'll give you my picks and see if I can go 4/4 on upsets

Coach Herman, it's 3rd and 1, we need a play call

"uhh ummm, uhhhh uuuuuuummmmmm fake the zone read and give to the RB... YEAH"

I understood what they were doing with the wildcat. They were trying to get runs from the QB position with a hurt JT. I didnt mind it in that situation as much. Dontre missed a giant hole that would have given him at least 10 yards, if not taken it to the house.

I was sending texts to anyone who would listen during the 2nd half about Herman's duck and cover play calling against anyone in a "big" situation. It's pathetic. I'm still wondering why Hyde didn't get the ball on 4th and 1 against both MSU and Clemson last year.

I thought I was watching play calling for Braxton on Saturday. He better figure it out before East Lansing or we might as well just accept defeat.

The 4th and 1 has been rehashed a million times. It was actually an ok play call, Heurman just missed his block

I am not a fan of the wildcat, as I said in my post it was innovative 10 years ago. Today defenses just sit there and know that the running back is going to take the ball, it does nothing. Just run a normal running play if you are trying to avoid injury to your qb. I am hoping OSU can hang enough points in the 1st half this weekend that Barrett can rest the 2nd half. It would also be nice to see Jones actually throw a pass for once.

The 4th and 1 has been rehashed a million times. It was actually an ok play call, Heurman just missed his block

Also it was Urban's call. The 3rd down call where they split Hyde out wide (which they didn't do at all during the regular season, tried at the beginning of the game vs. MSU where is was also extremely ineffective) has always been my issue.

Sorry, you have Hyde who was knocked back for no gain how many times last year?.....

I know it didn't go as planned, but I still don't agree with the call when Hyde should have been the ball carrier.

For good measure :)

I am not a fan of the wildcat, as I said in my post it was innovative 10 years ago. Today defenses just sit there and know that the running back is going to take the ball, it does nothing. Just run a normal running play if you are trying to avoid injury to your qb.

The point is to gain an extra blocker on the running play. a normal running play is not the same as a QB run.

Sorry, you have Hyde who was knocked back for no gain how many times last year?.....

I know it didn't go as planned, but I still don't agree with the call when Hyde should have been the ball carrier.

But at the same time, many of the people that share your feelings about it would be saying "why cant they come up with anything innovative" if they did give the ball to Hyde and he was stuffed.

Should Bosa be in consideration for the Heisman? I haven't looked at the stats, but how does he stack up with Suh?

The reason why I ask is because his Penn State game was capped with a "Heisman moment." I don't watch ESPN et al. all that much anymore - has the highlight been getting a lot of play? It should be.

Should Bosa be in consideration for the Heisman? I haven't looked at the stats, but how does he stack up with Suh?

The reason why I ask is because his Penn State game was capped with a "Heisman moment." I don't watch ESPN et al. all that much anymore - has the highlight been getting a lot of play? It should be.

He leads the b1g in tackles for a loss with 11.5 and leads in sacks with 8. Don't know that he should be considered for the Heisman though. He is a bad ass, but they won't give it to him. Maybe if he started pulling Vrabel's and catching TD passes.......

Just checked Suh's stats - in 2009 (when he placed 4th in Heisman voting), he had 12 sacks and 20.5 TFL. So, I guess Bosa is on pace to have that kind of year.

Also, I'm not so delusional to think that Bosa would ever win the Heisman. However, I also think the Heisman voting is flawed, so what do I know.

Just checked Suh's stats - in 2009 (when he placed 4th in Heisman voting), he had 12 sacks and 20.5 TFL. So, I guess Bosa is on pace to have that kind of year.

Also, I'm not so delusional to think that Bosa would ever win the Heisman. However, I also think the Heisman voting is flawed, so what do I know.

I share your man crush on Bosa

Rod Smith has been dismissed from the team for academics and apparently more people are about to join him. Rumor right now is Marcelys Jones and Corey Smith will be joining him

Add Dontre Wilson to the list of names floating around that are possibly leaving...

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

Rod Smith has been dismissed from the team for academics and apparently more people are about to join him. Rumor right now is Marcelys Jones and Corey Smith will be joining him

Add Dontre Wilson to the list of names floating around that are possibly leaving...

Source? If that's true, that sucks. Rod Smith is a special teams Gamer.

I hadn't seen academics as the reason. The "official" statement for Smith at least was "violation of team rules" which usually means failed drug test which is what I've read.

I wonder if they knew about this before the PSU game. I thought it was odd that Rod didn't get any carries. They were throwing everyone they could out there to carry the ball at one point because of JT's injury (including Dontre so I'm not buying him being a part of this) but never Rod. Jones and Smith make sense. Smith was just starting to come on but he too was strangely absent from the PSU game.

I hadn't seen academics as the reason. The "official" statement for Smith at least was "violation of team rules" which usually means failed drug test which is what I've read.

I wonder if they knew about this before the PSU game. I thought it was odd that Rod didn't get any carries. They were throwing everyone they could out there to carry the ball at one point because of JT's injury (including Dontre so I'm not buying him being a part of this) but never Rod. Jones and Smith make sense. Smith was just starting to come on but he too was strangely absent from the PSU game.

11W tweeted "Yes, it was a failed drug test" last night

Yep. Wonder if it was performance enhancing or recreational type. Oh well. Another kid with a ton of god given talent that didn't pan out. Sucks for all involved, including him.

Anyone have predictions for tonight's first top 25 from the "panel of experts"....

Here are my thoughts on the top 4

1. Miss St

2. Fl St

3. Alabama

4. Auburn

Damn SEC. Good news is that there are a ton of games left, including head to head EEESSSSS EEEEEEEE CCCEEEEEEEE match ups.