College Football Thread v5.0

bicranium

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I'm kind of surprised this hasn't come out yet but you could see someone other than Barrett or Jones at QB for a few snaps on Saturday. I heard a few days ago that they had done it in practice. I know people have been saying Jones could be the Tebow to Barrett's Leak but it seems like this other guy would do that instead. May not have heard any more on it because they scrapped it after a couple practices but we'll see.

Also, I'm kind of surprised this hasn't come out yet but you could see someone other than Barrett or Jones at QB for a few snaps on Saturday. I heard a few days ago that they had done it in practice. I know people have been saying Jones could be the Tebow to Barrett's Leak but it seems like this other guy would do that instead. May not have heard any more on it because they scrapped it after a couple practices but we'll see.

Yeah I could see that. They have so many weapons and so much speed in the backfield, it's almost hard to imagine an urban Meyer team wouldn't do that. I really hope to see Curtis Samuel get some touches Saturday any way they can work him in.

How long before Brionte Dunn transfers out? He got buried last year, then in the dog house and redshirted. Now he's at least 4th string, being passed up by a true sophmore and true freshman.

I hear you. Hate to say it, but he EARNED that spot on the bench.

How long before Brionte Dunn transfers out? He got buried last year, then in the dog house and redshirted. Now he's at least 4th string, being passed up by a true sophmore and true freshman.

Meyer said its a 4 way race for RB and that Dunn is in the mix.

+ "I feel really good about our running backs." He said he's excited to watch them play. He said Rod Smith and Bri'onte Dunn were written off a bit, "but they're not written off anymore."

I wouldn't say that, they have a good defense last year.. but not that good. For them to beat the noles, their defense has to stop FSU from scoring, which I don't think it's possible. And FSU had a great defense last year, which definitely would have kept MSU's offense in check.

Michigan State sure stopped us from scoring. I'd fathom they could have stymied FSU as well.

Michigan State sure stopped us from scoring. I'd fathom they could have stymied FSU as well.

I think FSU-MSU would have looked similar to OSU-MSU except MSU didn't really stop OSU from scoring, OSU stopped OSU from scoring and I don't think FSU would have stopped themselves. Clemson did a much better job against OSU's bread and butter plays in the Orange Bowl than MSU did in the B1GCG and FSU buttfucked them @ Clemson.

Here's Herman from after today's practice...

I think he's pretty straightforward so his pretty obvious confidence in JT is nice to see.

I think FSU-MSU would have looked similar to OSU-MSU except MSU didn't really stop OSU from scoring, OSU stopped OSU from scoring...

If FSU-MSU would have looked a lot like FSU-OSU, and OSU stopped themselves in the MSU game, then you're saying that FSU would also have stopped themselves if they played MSU? Because Florida State only averaged something like 50 PPG last year...

We stopped our selves from scoring. When OSU's offense were firing on all cylinders, MSU could not stop them.

I guess all the other teams that MSU played last year also stopped themselves? Wait, no, it was just Ohio State that did that. Okay, got it.

I always LOL @ the "Team X stopped themselves" arguments. You can kind of claim that when the game is a shootout and Team X happens to fuck up a play or two. You can't claim that when it's a relatively tight game with not a ton of scoring. Hell, Ohio State didn't even score in 2 entire quarters of the MSU game.

Bros,

We have made it. T-minus 8 hours and 46 minutes to kickoff of the 2014 season. Any non-OSU (just for some other discussion) picks for the upcoming season? I REALLY like Oregon, if Mariota can stay healthy and they can beat Michigan State (to clarify, I WANT MSU to win this game to make our conference look better, but if Oregon wins, I think they're in a great position to make the tournament). FSU controls their own destiny for a repeat, as the ACC is a joke this year. Something something SEC something 2 teams in the tournament.

6 PM cannot come soon enough. I'm ready to leave work already and start drinking, lol.

Edited by airwg2189

Pat Forde thinks UCLA will come out of the Pac 12 this year. I see where he's coming from - though I also think he is a douche.

I like Oklahoma. They looked very athletic and handled Alabama with a fair amount of ease in their bowl game.

I've always had a soft spot for Oregon. Not sure why, but I've always wanted them to do well.

Bros,

We have made it. T-minus 8 hours and 46 minutes to kickoff of the 2014 season. Any non-OSU (just for some other discussion) picks for the upcoming season? I REALLY like Oregon, if Mariota can stay healthy and they can beat Michigan State (to clarify, I WANT MSU to win this game to make our conference look better, but if Oregon wins, I think they're in a great position to make the tournament). FSU controls their own destiny for a repeat, as the ACC is a joke this year. Something something SEC something 2 teams in the tournament.

6 PM cannot come soon enough. I'm ready to leave work already and start drinking, lol.

There was a game earlier this week, Georgia State vs Abilene Christian. Anyways, tonights game should be a pretty good one between A&M and S. Carolina, I am going to pick A&M.

Mark May on ESPN right now, spewing hatred for Ohio State LMAO. Greise made a comment to him about "you're not wasting any time getting the Ohio State fans started".

Key games this week (bold are my picks):

#21 Texas A&M vs #9 South Carolina

#5 Ohio State at Navy

West Virginia vs #2 Alabama

#16 Clemson vs #12 Georgia

#1 Florida State vs Oklahoma State

#14 Wisconsin vs #13 LSU

Upset pick, Arkansas over #6 Auburn

So let's say OSU wins by less than 2 touchdowns...do they drop simply because Braxton is out? I feel like they must win convincingly now just to even stay in the top 8. And if they do win by a small margin, how far do they drop? I mean last year we dropped after blowing teams out....thoughts?