College Football Thread v5.0

bicranium

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if I talked about that in the other thread or not... definitely talked about it on reddit and another forum I go to.

JT will have to really light it up this year for there to be a real competition in the spring. As ordinary as some of you want to believe Braxton is... he isn't. But he's human. Not really doing any real football for over a year will be interesting. Plus, you've gotta see if this surgery takes since the last one obviously didn't. Dr. James Andrews (yes, that one) is doing this surgery. So you hope that he's 100% by the time spring ball rolls around and you take a look at him.

Almost 100 rushing attempts more than Troy and MANY more yards. He's taking a heck of a bigger beating than most, as I stated. Of course he's been through the ringer. More hits = more wear and tear. What else would be expected? I don't call him "injury prone" for that. YMMV.

Great stats, though we're talking about injuries, not passing attempts. Fact of the matter is that Braxton hasn't been the only dual-threat QB that has played at Ohio State in recent memory, but has been hurt, gimpy, nursing something, subbed for, and missed games waaaay more than any other QBs. Please stop avoiding that very obvious, fundamental fact and you'll see my viewpoint a lot more clearly.

Also, stop trying to normalize things by intimating that Braxton is "allowed" to be hurt more because of his running style. I'd fathom a guess that Carlos Hyde took more hits than Braxton did last year, but was he hurt as much?

Maryland went to a bowl game last year and should be better this year. They didn't get any favors from their first year of B1G scheduling though with their crossover games being Wisconsin and Iowa, two of the main contenders for the West.

Edsel is a good coach but I think they'll regress from last year and find the Big Ten more of a challenge. Besides James Madison, I think they'll be favored against Indiana, Rutgers, maybe Cuse & USF but those I think those are more of a toss up. West Virginia is also iffy, they seem to be on the brink of implosion since Rich Rod left. 7 wins max, 6 maybe, 5 or less more likely. Plus in a league with 13 other schools, going 6-6 may not get you into a bowl game.

I don't recall you being such an idiot in the last football threads. Weird. Something happen in your life?

It's likely because you weren't being as blatantly dense as what you've shown yourself to be in these last two pages. Sorry that I'm highlighting your inadequacies.

Maybe my serial killer reference went over your head. Here, I'll try again:

I'm fine with saying he's fumble prone, but it's not because he has a hard time holding on to the ball. It's his running style.

Let me know if it's still not sinking in.

I see what you're saying Tilley. I think the reason he gets injured so much is BECAUSE he lowers his shoulders. Every once in awhile most other QB's will slide or run out of bounds. Maybe he's just not smart enough and think's he's young and invincible...or thought he was before now anyway.

I see what you're saying Tilley. I think the reason he gets injured so much is BECAUSE he lowers his shoulders. Every once in awhile most other QB's will slide or run out of bounds. Maybe he's just not smart enough and think's he's young and invincible...or thought he was before now anyway.

Listen, I don't mean to be a strain on you or CR. And I'm not trying to get a leg up here. I just think there's a lot of bruised egos in here. Or maybe I just have a bit of a chip on my shoulder.

Our starting QB's highlight video from his junior year. He tore his ACL his senior year (another pussy QB for OSU - what's new? :gabe:) so there's not a ton from that year...

Watching this it looks like Braxton and Kenny G had an offspring. He looks similiar to Braxton running, doesn't have as strong as an arm, but looks far more accurate.

Listen, I don't mean to be a strain on you or CR. And I'm not trying to get a leg up here. I just think there's a lot of bruised egos in here. Or maybe I just have a bit of a chip on my shoulder.

Haha. No strain on my jimmies sir. I value others opinions, whether I agree with them or not. :)

Braxtons' injuries

2011- ankle sprain; didn't finish Nebraska game

2012-neck injury, didnt finish Purdue game

2012-hit head on equipment case on the sidelines of the Mich State game. sat out & returned only to injure his knee & sit out again. he did finish the game.

2013-Knee sprain vs Saint Diego (the wales vagina); left that game early on & missed 2 additional games

2013- Orange Bowl on the 1st possession injures his shoulder.

2014- After having surgery in Feb, had a no contact spring practice, sat out multiple days with additional shoulder soreness in July & August then fully tears his shoulder by throwing a short pass.

And apparently he suffered a broken leg in high school, unknown cause.

Haha. No strain on my jimmies sir. I value others opinions, whether I agree with them or not. :)

ha,I value a select amount of other opinions. But of course you smile, ask questions, put your hand on their shoulder, say "yes please tell me about all the stuff you kids does that you think is so cute" and they never know the difference.

Anyways I like speculation as much as the next guy but until Barrett gets some reps over the next month we won't know much other than "he's progressing nicely".

But there are additional obstacles to overcome.

-It doesn't sound like Barrett is the 'ol razzle-dazzle scrambling QB that OSU has grown accustomed to...

-Gone are 4 senior O lineman from last year, Philly Brown & Carlos Hyde.

-And of course the lackluster Defense that's been problematic over the past few years.

I just hope its not a year of "we're waiting for someone to step up".

;)

Watching this it looks like Braxton and Kenny G had an offspring. He looks similiar to Braxton running, doesn't have as strong as an arm, but looks far more accurate.

This is what I came to post. Kid has a lot of potential. Time to see what he can do. Don't give up hope yet guys. Season hasn't even started. Kid could end up being better for the offense than Miller. We shall see.

Braxtons' injuries

2011- ankle sprain; didn't finish Nebraska game

Hopefully Barrett is better than Bauserman....

http://www.cbssports.com/images/collegefootball/bauserman_passing_chart.jpg

Shouldn't be to hard

But there are additional obstacles to overcome.

-It doesn't sound like Barrett is the 'ol razzle-dazzle scrambling QB that OSU has grown accustomed to...

-Gone are 4 senior O lineman from last year, Philly Brown & Carlos Hyde.

-And of course the lackluster Defense that's been problematic over the past few years.

I just hope its not a year of "we're waiting for someone to step up".

O-line is my biggest worry. Offense may not be flashy this year but if the o-line can play good most of the time, and when it really counts the offense can be effective enough with Barrett and whoever the RB is.

With a new "co" defensive coordinator/ db's coach & saying they will be more aggressive might help, open field tackling still might be an issue.