College Football Thread v5.0

bicranium

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting really tried of the same fucking play by Ohio state. That "fake" handoff where they do it sometimes and don't do it others. It's annoying and doesn't do anything to the defense that is beneficial.

We seriously look like shit. And it starts at the coaching.

I'm getting really tried of the same fucking play by Ohio state. That "fake" handoff where they do it sometimes and don't do it others. It's annoying and doesn't do anything to the defense that is beneficial.

We seriously look like shit. And it starts at the coaching.

Its called the zone read. I suggest you read up on it

These navy guys have sure exposed OSU's D.

In tackling yes. Otherwise, lol. You cant base opinions on a defense on 1 game vs Navy. OSU will not face an offense like this until the next time they play Navy. OSU isnt even running their base defense.

Then you hate the whole offense because the zone read is the base play

You're right, I'm not a big fan of this offense, or really the offense we have run for the last couple years. I don't think we cover the middle enough with our receivers and our offense is totally one dimensional. We banked on Braxton for nearly every play. Clearly that's shown by our struggles today.

You're right, I'm not a big fan of this offense, or really the offense we have run for the last couple years. I don't think we cover the middle enough with our receivers and our offense is totally one dimensional. We banked on Braxton for nearly every play. Clearly that's shown by our struggles today.

So you are saying that you hate that a QB is the most important part of the offense. Interesting.

So you are saying that you hate that a QB is the most important part of the offense. Interesting.

Did you have a big bowl of douche this morning?

A lot of teams don't rely on their QB as much as we do. Like Alabama, auburn, etc. and some do, like FSU and TAMU. I have an opinion that relying on one player as your entire offense isn't good. If you don't like it, sorry. This is why teams have success and then fall on their face when they lose a player.

It doesn't mean we can't win, or be good, or blah blah

Blah. But to me, we rely too much on one formation.

To Navy, timeouts are poison. Must get rid of them.

Yeah man, very strange. A team that runs that much could use them. They're probably banking on first down clock stops and heading out of bounds. Still weird not to at least save one

Did you have a big bowl of douche this morning?

A lot of teams don't rely on their QB as much as we do. Like Alabama, auburn, etc. and some do, like FSU and TAMU. I have an opinion that relying on one player as your entire offense isn't good. If you don't like it, sorry. This is why teams have success and then fall on their face when they lose a player.

It doesn't mean we can't win, or be good, or blah blah

Blah. But to me, we rely too much on one formation.

One formation? What? Do you even know what you are talking about? You didnt even know what the zone read was called. Alabama requires an efficient mistake free QB who can make plays when called on (McCarron). Auburn requires their QB to make the correct read almost every single play. They also run a style of the offense you hate. Michigan State was another 2-3 loss team last year without conner cook coming on at the end. QB is the most important player on offense and has been for years.

Jt barrett

226 passing yards 2 tds 80%

50 rushing yards

Not bad for taking over 1.5 weeks ago. Once Herman figured out his play calling with JT, the offense really kicked it up

Things I saw from this game:

-OSU has weapons and lots of them (just gonna take some time to work the kinks out)

- Barrett can throw the ball (minus the 1 INT he looked good)

- The D-line will destroy most B10 teams

- The secondary is vastly improved (ok, so maybe they didn't get tested today haha)