College Football Thread v5.0

bicranium

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did that article just say we have arguably the best defense in the nation?

Best DL in the nation. Most national analysts agree.

I'm not sure if I do. I like our guys but I don't know for sure if they're the best because I don't know everyone else out there. And Spence is sitting for 2 games and the guy who filled in for him in the Orange Bowl left due most likely to grade concerns.

If Braxton did not play for ohio state.he would be a good QB by college standard. But to the Buckeye fans he is god.

:dumb:

Did that article just say we have arguably the best defense in the nation?

After last year, I'm not sure I believe that...

I never said it was a great article. :lol:

Michigan State should dominate the conference this year. They are built like Ohio State from 2002 - 2004: absolutely great defense and a conservative offense (that isn't going to make a ton of mistakes).

Agreed. The Rose Bowl last year was one the best games of the year IMO.

Michigan State should dominate the conference this year. They are built like Ohio State from 2002 - 2004: absolutely great defense and a conservative offense (that isn't going to make a ton of mistakes).

I really don't understand how ESPN's FPI thing came up with those results. Braxton's injury and MSU's toughest conference games all being at home... who knows.

They lost some big pieces on defense but they have Dantonio and Narduzzi so it really doesn't matter. And their offense has a real starter going into the season and they were on a roll with him at the end of last season. I know their offense exposed their defense a bit in their first scrimmage a week or so ago. Their defense bounced back this week but the way the scoring is done for their scrimmages makes it nearly impossible for the team that won the first scrimmage to win the second.

MSU @ Oregon should be great to watch. If they win that they will probably jump into the top 3.

Michigan State should have played for national title last year. They got jobbed by the refs hardcore at Notre Dame last year. If they were a marquee CFB name like Alabama, then all the national pundits would have been crying foul and demanding that Michigan State get a title shot last year.

Michigan State should have played for national title last year. They got jobbed by the refs hardcore at Notre Dame last year. If they were a marquee CFB name like Alabama, then all the national pundits would have been crying foul and demanding that Michigan State get a title shot last year.

I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing that I am agreeing with Tilley 100% on these posts. :confused:

And against Florida State, they likely would have won. Their defense completely keeps an offense like theirs in check.

Game week.

Also, Torrance Gibson (was a 5* everywhere before the summer - now a composite 4* due to a big drop on Rivals) played on ESPN yesterday. Wore OSU cleats. Reason he's fallen recently was because he wants to play QB and people aren't sure if he can. Threw for 298 yards and 5 TD's yesterday against a very good Dwyer team. Also ran for another score.

The first 2 weeks of this season have some amazing games.

A&M-South Carolina on Thursday

Then Saturday...

OSU @ Navy

Bama vs. WVU

Clemson @ Georgia

FSU vs. Okie St.

Wisconsin vs. LSU

Week 2...

USC @ Stanford

MSU @ Oregon

Michigan @ ND

VT @ OSU

Ohio State's third-year coach named five captains for his team.

Braxton Miller, quarterback.

Jeff Heuerman, tight end.

Michael Bennett, defensive tackle.

Doran Grant, cornerback.

Curtis Grant, linebacker.

Did anyone watch the game yesterday? The d-line for Dwyer was on average something like 2 inches shorter and 60lbs lighter, it was like watching men against boys lol.

5 days til kickoff and several starting spots still remain open....

"two spots on the offensive line, one spot at corner and all the receiver spots are still up in the air."

I'd like to think that only 1 WR spot may be open with Smith and Spencer being starters. The 2 spots on the line are the most concerning, followed closely by the 1 DB spot being open still. Either everyone is great and it's hard to pick the starter or the polar opposite of that.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/08/urban_meyer_ohio_state_startin.html

Edit, Reeves is apparently going to be the nickel back

I think the DB battle is just a good battle and the OL battle was just so many open positions but it's winding down now.

I'd really like it to be Price, Boren, Elflein in the middle because those are all younger guys so if Decker stays for his senior year then you're only losing Baldwin at RT for 2015. Also Boren and Elflein would make 2/5th of the OL be from Pickerington which would be neat.

I'm fine with Apple or Conley at the spot opposite Grant. Both are on the larger side of normal for CB's and that will be important with them going to more bump and run coverage under Ash.

Also, starting to see posts pop up on other OSU websites with people just now realizing that CBS Sports Network isn't just regular CBS. Few things are able to amuse and annoy me as much as completely unaware OSU fans during the season.

"What channel is the game on?" and "what's the weather look like for Saturday's game?" are the two most asked questions. Every. Single. Year.

Thankfully my wife works for TW and we get every channel they offer. I imagine I will have a house full on Saturday, due to no one else getting the channel outside of bars here locally.

Ask her why the idiots we talked to yesterday cant figure out why we arent getting CBS sports in HD, even though we have all the other channels on that tier AND have it in SD