College Football Thread v5.0

bicranium

I don't agree with any sanctions that take away from a kid potentially going to college. There are only so many openings all across college football for a kid to go play, you take away 15 or so of those a year and well the trickle down effect comes in to play.

As for what PSU fans think, who cares? They are known to be the biggest bunch of assholes in the B10 anyways.

That only works if you believe those kids would use the scholarship for education and get a degree in something useful.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=6932700

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/cardale.jpg

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That only works if you believe those kids would use the scholarship for education and get a degree in something useful.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=6932700

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/cardale.jpg

Agreed, he apparently ain't gonna play FOOTBALL anytime soon so his tweet is POINTLESS. Maybe he should stay in SCHOOL.

"Ohio State junior defensive lineman Noah Spence has failed a drug test and his status with the team is in jeopardy, sources told Eleven Warriors Friday afternoon.

Spence, a first-team All-Big Ten selection who was suspended three games after testing positive for ecstasy prior to the Big Ten Championship Game, was supposed to make an anticipated return against Kent State Saturday.

He led the Buckeyes with eight sacks last season in addition to 52 tackles and 14.5 tackles for loss. Spence was projected by some to potentially be a top NFL Draft pick next spring.

A product of Bishop McDevitt High School in Harrisburg, Pa., Spence was a a five-star prospect and a Parade Magazine All-American.

An Ohio State spokesman did not immediately respond to request for comment. "

B10 is really bad, I used to believe it was just ESPN shit talking but after watching it this year, it's true haha. Many people claim the reason for the decline is the shift in population, more people living in the south than ever before, thus better talent down south and hard to pull them up north.

On a side note, call me crazy but I think Penn State could end up going 10-2 this year if not better. Their 2 hardest games will be Ohio State (in Happy Valley) and Michigan St (in Happy Valley).

PSU didn't exactly light it up against Akron last week. Hackenberg still looks like a bit of a turnover machine. We'll see how they fare tonight in Piscataway. They have depth issues due to their sanctions so that's another thing to consider as the season goes on.

They should drop as far if not further. Boston College hasn't been relevant since Matt Ryan was there.

Have a couple friends who were all over USC at the start of the season saying "this could be their year" or "they could be really, really good" blah blah blah. I was just like... really? Steve Sarkisian in his first year (I think Washington actually ended up with an upgrade in Petersen), still dealing with a lack of depth from their sanctions, etc., etc.? I don't think so. Then they go and beat Stanford which I thought was surprising. But then tonight... boom. Boston Colollege.

Everyone was claiming that the Pac12 top to bottom was the best conference in America. UCLA should've lost last night as well, but then I realized they were playing Texas who hasn't seemed to win anything since 05. I really feel like there is only going to be 1 undefeated team by seasons end and that is Florida State. After that, you'll have a ton of 1-2 loss conference champions. The playoff selection will get more heat than the BCS ever did, wait and see.