So I got this text from California...(2007 CTS-V updates)

zeitgeist57

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i.imgur.com/g6XdZGA.jpg

V is a 2007, Thunder Gray ($995 paint option, metallic in the sun), tint, Magnaflow, K&N, up-to-date maintenance (yes, they are doody all-season Cooper RSA tires, but they're brand new), and I got it for a pretty damn good price...plus financing was excellent through BofA (my employer ;)) More to come!

Let me know if you start searching out some of the light aftermarket stuff. I have a few extra's lying around. Mostly small stuff like the trans insert (2 minute job, that helps enormously), diff bushing, shifter, etc...

Honest question; Do you feel it warrants its 35K+ price tag? I still can’t justify that conceding it’s a stamped rod hyper piston LS with a blower and nice interior. To me, thats not worth 25k more than a gen 1.

That is the decision I have not yet made. It is 150 hp stronger but weighs 400 pounds more. I like the looks of both interior and exterior better on the V2 but 20k+

More? Remains to be seen..,

(yes, they are doody all-season Cooper RSA tires, but they're brand new)

cooper rs3a's and they're a very very capable tire.. go drive on them before you hate.. they are twice the quality of tire of some of the no names when installed on the passat.

cooper rs3a's and they're a very very capable tire.. go drive on them before you hate.. they are twice the quality of tire of some of the no names when installed on the passat.

Hey!!! I still have the Passat! :no:

Though...it's parked in FL being driven about 10 miles a month on average. :gabe:

For the record, I think the tires are perfect. I'll be DDing this thing, not hoping for 200-wear trackdaybro specials...

Let me know if you start searching out some of the light aftermarket stuff. I have a few extra's lying around. Mostly small stuff like the trans insert (2 minute job, that helps enormously), diff bushing, shifter, etc...

I'm your huckleberry. It already has a shifter (forgot what it was...will see once it gets here) but bushings/inserts sound great to me!