So I got this text from California...(2007 CTS-V updates)

zeitgeist57

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...super tired and exhausted but the transporter came this evening! Had to go to Lowe's at Mill Run (between Hilliard and Upper Arlington) to pick it up off the semi. Wes (TheMrWes) came with me, and he did me a solid because no one told me the transportation was C.O.D...I assumed they'd take a card! I pulled $500 and maxed my cash-out at the ATM. As I start cursing, wondering where the f**k they expect me to get $800 after business hours, wondering where to get a money order, etc..

FYI in the future if you ever have this problem, most banks you can call there customer service and explain whats going on and they will raise your daily limit for that transaction. Most all the time they will do this especially if a branch is not open. Did this a few times ( one time 6k, sucked doing 12 transactions at a atm ha) for a few cars.

Car looks sweet though man!

Matt (90G60), I'd love to meet you at some point if you're close by just because for as much love for the V as I've had, I gotta admit I've done ZERO research into mods/common problems and I would greatly appreciate V-related tips from guys like you, Casey, Tom (POS VETT) and others.

Sure thing! You can take it for a spin (although it is in need of a ball joint). Make sure if you're ready for a little more power you drop it off at Brian's. I picked up almost 30 WHP from my baseline within an hour safely.

Only issue I experienced was the shifter: it was super notchy which I expected, but there's no center to it and it's tough to find the right gear. Feels like a bushing or linkage(s) are worn...

Its the worst shifter on the planet, period.

Did you ever test drive one? Even the aftermarket ones feel like shit. They take a LOT of work to feel decent.

Intadesting how the headlights look pretty crappy but the third brake light/spoiler and taillights look perfectly fine.

:

Also super common-mine are worse than yours. Really, a sand/reclear or new headlights is all that can be done if it has some miles on her.

BTW- Welcome to the club. Expect to smile literally every freakin day you drive to work!

:lol:

Me: "Hey, Jeff...love the car and great working with you. Quick question: how do you get the sunroof to work?"

Jeff in CA: "Dunno, man...I never used it."

Me: :no:"Uhhh, well...still love the car anyway."

The V just needed the right touch to perform properly..

...Wes immediately pulls $300 out of the ATM from his account and we pay the transporter. MUCH RESPECT for Wes...that was a solid move. :thumbup::thumbup:

Classy move Wes.

Cleetus: "Hi! Uhhh...huh huh...you're PUURRRRRTY...":masturboy:

V: "Um....thanks but no thanks?":no:

INB4SOLDCLEETUSHELPFINDNEWCLEETUSTHREADS

Was thinking about waiting until the spring to install clear park/corner assemblies, but NAAAAHHH...;)

Ricer.

Looks good Clay. btw I've tried that headlight ball cleaner kit and it didn't do anything. If the headlights are physically pitted it's a waste of time and money.

Thanks, Brian. Good news is the kit was free from my neighbor.

IPS is getting a call for headlights, a tune, and I think the motor and tranny mounts are toast just from the way it drives.

I put the RevShift blues on mine and loved th

NOOOOO!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO CASEY'S MESSAGE? I DON'T KNOW WHAT HE WAS GOING TO SAY :no:

That's great to hear. I like their website...nice to know all the poly pieces I would need are on that site. Car feels SOLID aside from the powertrain shiftiness and shifter...