Northeast Columbus Home For Sale

nathan

My family and I are moving to Eastern Ohio and I am trying to find a buyer for our house. We've had lookers but no offers so anyone interested in a place 10min for Easton and 15min from Polaris and 15min to Campus

this is a great spot.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2995-Bretton-Woods-Dr_Columbus_OH_43231_M30513-41255

Edited by nathan
url

I may mention something to the realtor about it. We would love for it to sell soon, we have a house in New Concord we want to buy. For you fans of garage stuff I can be talked into leaving an engine hoist and a few other things (transmission jack, huge jack stands) all you have to do is come over make an offer!

My family and I are moving to Eastern Ohio and I am trying to find a buyer for our house. We've had lookers but no offers so anyone interested in a place 10min for Easton and 15min from Polaris and 15min to Campus

this is a great spot.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2995-Bretton-Woods-Dr_Columbus_OH_43231_M30513-41255

Great value-could not get that price per square foot up here in a good area.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey all, my house is still not sold. I am offering a finders fee that is negotiable if anyone can find me a buyer. This can even include a 1985 Pontiac TA project car. I really have to find someone who is a serious buyer. After 30 showings no offers.

Hey all, my house is still not sold. I am offering a finders fee that is negotiable if anyone can find me a buyer. This can even include a 1985 Pontiac TA project car. I really have to find someone who is a serious buyer. After 30 showings no offers.

Has your agent suggested any easy changes that may attract some buyers/offers? If not, it may be time for a new agent.

We are rather frustrated with the real estate agent. I called home stagers and made some of the easier changes they suggested already. Sold our larger dining room table so it would open up the kitchen and such. Relocation company is taking a huge chunk of our realtor's commission though, so that may part of the problem. I have suggested everything so far and I am getting tired of it.

Great value-could not get that price per square foot up here in a good area.

Cleveland Ave/ Morse road area really isn't a good area. But it's priced where it needs to be. It doesn't help that every other house is for sale in that area.

Open house, zero visitors. Priced right is what we have been told, rooms are just too small for 6 kids, layout isn't to their liking, nice house, nice location, great backyard, so basically any negative feedback I cannot change. It is not good to hear that Somalians are causing the property values to go down, the two families that are a few blocks away are keeping their houses up and one even put in new windows. Doesn't somebody at IPS live around me?

it is all about price and location...you have good sq footage, nice yard...you don't have granite counters or a great room...not to be expected in this price range, but people still want these things. Open houses are for Realtors to get buyers-rarely sell the house. Give it a couple of weeks and if no offers. Drop the price

I would normally not post this but because you are having some issues with selling I will tell you what made my house go from no foot traffic to sold...

Number one thing if it's been showing that it's on the market for a long period of time, take it off the market for a few weeks so it now shows up as new on the market. Also, eliminate clutter, paint walls bright colors, and remove personal items. I know it sounds petty, but no clutter, bright walls, and no personal items (this includes crosses, etc..) People want to be able to picture themselves in your home, personalizing it makes them feel like they are in someone else's home. Also fix that basement wall by the stairs, it's the first thing that I noticed when I saw that picture and a little bit of mud and paint would fix that issue quickly.

I hope this helps, it looks like a nice house and a cheap price... some easy changes should help attract that buyer :-)

Also, eliminate clutter, paint walls bright colors, and remove personal items. I know it sounds petty, but no clutter, bright walls, and no personal items (this includes crosses, etc..) People want to be able to picture themselves in your home, personalizing it makes them feel like they are in someone else's home. Also fix that basement wall by the stairs, it's the first thing that I noticed when I saw that picture and a little bit of mud and paint would fix that issue quickly.

This x100.

Nice house though. Looks great from the outside

If were really offering opinions, the wallpaper (as a woman these are the things im going to notice) has to go in the master bedroom/bathroom.

I have no issues with the stuff on the walls. They aren't too cluttered.

The basement however, could use some fixing. clean it up/store stuff in new garage

Also, the kids bedrooms are VERY overwhelming colors (while for hte kids they are great, but as a buyer, its too much) All i would think about is all the painting i would need to do, and the wall paper removal i would have to do.

The kitchen looks fine to me.

The Hallway/entrance way has an artwork hanger in the picture. Either take it down, or fill it up

the crosses i would take down, but thats it.

I also have a love hate relationship with the pumpkin/pink that is on the walls of the pellet/wood stove. My inlaws did that same color to their room with similar style stove setup and i dont get the correlation to it and the stove, but- Neutral colors will always be a plus.

Look at he simplicity of the colors in your kitchen and go with that.

I would normally not post this but because you are having some issues with selling I will tell you what made my house go from no foot traffic to sold...

Number one thing if it's been showing that it's on the market for a long period of time, take it off the market for a few weeks so it now shows up as new on the market. Also, eliminate clutter, paint walls bright colors, and remove personal items. I know it sounds petty, but no clutter, bright walls, and no personal items (this includes crosses, etc..) People want to be able to picture themselves in your home, personalizing it makes them feel like they are in someone else's home. Also fix that basement wall by the stairs, it's the first thing that I noticed when I saw that picture and a little bit of mud and paint would fix that issue quickly.

I hope this helps, it looks like a nice house and a cheap price... some easy changes should help attract that buyer :-)

And, this is what any good realtor would have suggested a few months ago. :mad:

One weekend of work, a few hundred dollars and you will likely get asking.

Am I reading it right that you listed 8/24? That is not really that long ago - not long enough to delist and relist. The advice you are getting here is spot on. This is not a great location but the price is good for a starter home. Your realtor should be giving you all of this information.

Offer came in over the weekend. I took many suggestions from many people and hopefully some of them helped. I agree real estate agent should have said what to do and should probably not have taken or retaken pictures after we made changes. If if were not for the fact that I did not want to pay two mortgages I also agree it could have stayed on the market longer, we are in a bit of a time crunch though.