CR Test n' Tune @ NTR - October 19th CR IS ON LANE 5

MrMeanGreen

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking like it's gonna be chilly (55* as of right now), hopefully they don't shut it down to 1/8 mile because of it.

They usually don't go to 1/8 mile at that temp. 55 degrees is great for all of us forced induction folks. Just hope for some sun to give the track some heat.

Fuck yes, BOOST WEATHER!

Also, additional details about arrival and paying at the gate in the original post.

Hoping that I can get a decent 60' this time out. Time to break down and get a real slick on the car. Hoosier drag radials for this visit though.

Um my car is running mid-low 9's at almost 150mph and all I have is a helmet and a stock seatbelt. Doubt it'll fly with them. And I planned on turning it up more.

Ive only trapped around 140 there but he does throw a fit every time about the belts. Makes no sense, told me if I didn't have the 6pt cage I was ok to go 10.0's but since I had the 6pt, I needed harnesses to go 10.0's???? No 6pt and stock belts are good to 10.0's though according to him....

Went ahead and put a 5pt harness and he has never asked since then lol. Its hit or miss, just tell him your planning on 11.50s and no clue what its going to go.

Trails tech has been the biggest pain in my ass this year. Everytime I go to the track it is seriously something different that they give me shit over. None of which are against the rule books, they just simply don't know what the hell they are doing down there. Chris Stillwell, the track manager told me a couple years ago that they were trying to teach their guys how to tech Imports LOL. With that said, I have a buddy that has gone 10.1 with nothing more than a helmet and jacket. I have been kicked out on an 11.3 pass for having a stock belt. Maybe they will be a little more laid back since it's the end of the season.

Clay, Mike, Sam: let's get those CTS-V's signed up for track day ..... we need to sort out the "luxury and fast" category in real life.

I've heard enough about what the magazines say the quarter mile times are. I'm going to bring that old black boat of mine--it should be easy prey for those "Corvette-powered" cars of yours.

Unless the rules have changed in the last year or two you are, per the rules, required to have a cage in roof cars running stock fire wall with E.T. 11.49 or quicker and convertables running 13.49 or quicker. If you're required as per the rules to have a cage than you are required to have qualifying belts. If your car runs slower than the E.T.'s requiring cage/belts and you happen to have them installed in the vehicle then you don't have to have current belt dates. For example, I have a 12pt cage in my car and the tag for my belts are missing. All I have to do is tell them the car runs 13's and the belt date is a nonissue as is the cage requirement. When the tech guy asked me what I was running a few weeks ago he almost wasn't going to let me run when I said I was expecting to run 10.60's All this is just my $.02. Hope to see everyone out there Sunday having a good time.

Sam so you bringing your car out? Anyone else you know coming out?

Yes I am. I'm actually taking to brians to have him up my rev limiter so that I can see if it'll get into the 8's at 153-154mph. I think all I'll need is the track to be there and it should do it. We have a no fucks given attitude about the motor. If it goes it goes. Also I'm gonna be in need of one of your 88's when we drop in the 6L in a month or so. Are you gonna come out.

Yes I am. I'm actually taking to brians to have him up my rev limiter so that I can see if it'll get into the 8's at 153-154mph. I think all I'll need is the track to be there and it should do it. We have a no fucks given attitude about the motor. If it goes it goes. Also I'm gonna be in need of one of your 88's when we drop in the 6L in a month or so. Are you gonna come out.

Well let me know what time your going to get there because I want to get at least one pass before you oil her down lol. Only kidding but that will be fun to watch. Ill be out there, Im going to make a few passes with my blue car. I don't think its sorted out yet but at least get a few logs to see if we can get it a little more dialed in.

I have a big stack of the 88's here, that should get pretty interesting then. Last I heard these guys were making either 820-840 through this truck which has some pretty serious drivetrain loss. Should be fun to see what your car will do with the same turbo: