CR Test n' Tune @ NTR - October 19th CR IS ON LANE 5

MrMeanGreen

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last track day the tech guys were pretty thorough.. checking dates on helmets, digging through cars, etc.

Really?

I usually get teched by a guy in a wheelchair. While he does look at my helmet, he barely even glances at my car.

Really?

I usually get teched by a guy in a wheelchair. While he does look at my helmet, he barely even glances at my car.

^^^this

Nice guy but just the basics most of the time. He did check me pretty good at the start of the year including under hood and emergency switch on back, but maybe he remembered me the rest of the year. At the rental he only checked my helmet. I know my safety stuff meets or exceeds what I need, but others who don't concern me.

FOOOOOK, looks like I am back out then. :fa::fa::fa:

Bring a helmet with a current rating and you will be fine. It's an 11.50 car.... ;)

I went to edgewater a couple of weeks ago and the guy says "what's it run?" Me "11.50s". Ok, "you have the jacket and helmet, right?"....didn't look at the car at all. He was busy going over a Honda that ran 13s :)

I ran in the 10s at 135+ all night. You need a license to run 135+. No care by them.

This isn't Trails, but you get the idea.

^^^this

Nice guy but just the basics most of the time. He did check me pretty good at the start of the year including under hood and emergency switch on back, but maybe he remembered me the rest of the year. At the rental he only checked my helmet. I know my safety stuff meets or exceeds what I need, but others who don't concern me.

His name is Bud and they let him go because he wasn't looking over the cars well enough. I found that out Wednesday when I was out there.

Really?

Some other dude told Chad from On3 he couldn't go faster than a specific time because he had the stock seatbelt and not a harness.

His name is Bud and they let him go because he wasn't looking over the cars well enough. I found that out Wednesday when I was out there.

:fuuuu:

Well if tech has gotten tighter, I wonder if I should make the trip myself.

I'm totally fine with getting the boot if I crack a 9.9....

But if I get tossed out for a low 10 I'll be much disappoint.

Bring a helmet with a current rating and you will be fine. It's an 11.50 car.... ;)

I went to edgewater a couple of weeks ago and the guy says "what's it run?" Me "11.50s". Ok, "you have the jacket and helmet, right?"....didn't look at the car at all. He was busy going over a Honda that ran 13s :)

I ran in the 10s at 135+ all night. You need a license to run 135+. No care by them.

This isn't Trails, but you get the idea.

Um my car is running mid-low 9's at almost 150mph and all I have is a helmet and a stock seatbelt. Doubt it'll fly with them. And I planned on turning it up more.

When I had expired belts I told them once that my car ran low 13's and when I was turning mid 10's all night no one said anything. I'm not saying you should lie to anyone, but how can you really know what you're going to run before you make any runs??? ;)

Um my car is running mid-low 9's at almost 150mph and all I have is a helmet and a stock seatbelt. Doubt it'll fly with them. And I planned on turning it up more.

Im sure you can do all of this......at least once.

I know. Like ForceFed said, you can get at least one pass. They will most likely tell you to park it at those #'s, but they may just tell you to slow it down. Who knows.

He was the least of their worries...

He only did it to cars he knew, that I'm aware of. Now I get grumpy old chick, and this older guy doing tech on my car. Old guy telling me I need a class on the car after my nhra license number is on the tech card in 1 class only. No, I dont. And old lady telling me, she needs to see me with pants on when I come back. I say they will be in my bag with the rest of my suit. "No, they need to be on you." GTFO

looks like ill be there. Got the turbo all finished up except the cai and the parts for it should be here this week. Drives good and spools suprisingly well! Hope to lower my record time by a few tenths!!!!!! Eric Edited by ecc_33