Ebola in Ohio air space

Jackson1647545504

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/10/15/ebola-stricken-nurse-flew-on-a-passenger-plane-a-day-before-being-diagnosed/

The second health care worker diagnosed with Ebola flew on a passenger jet with more than 130 other passengers on Monday, a day before she reported symptoms of the virus, according to authorities.

This worker, who has not been identified, flew on a Frontier Airlines flight from Cleveland to Dallas-Fort Worth on Monday night. She did not exhibit any symptoms during the flight, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Frontier Airline said Wednesday.

On Tuesday night, about a day after the flight arrived in Dallas, the woman reported a fever and was isolated at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, where she was part of the team that had treated Thomas Eric Duncan during his hospitalization. Her diagnosis came two days after Nina Pham, another nurse who treated Duncan, was also found to have contracted Ebola.

The health care worker had flown from Dallas to Cleveland on Friday, Oct. 10. The flight she took back to Dallas on Monday arrived at 8:16 p.m. and remained overnight, because it was done with flights for the day.

After that, the plane “received a thorough cleaning per our normal procedures” before resuming service on Tuesday, Frontier said in a statement. It was also cleaned on Tuesday night in Cleveland, the airline said.

The CDC is asking all 132 passengers on Flight 1143 to call 1-800-232-4636. Beginning on Wednesday afternoon, public health officials will begin interviewing passengers and working to monitor anyone deemed to be at risk.

“The safety and security of our customers and employees is our primary concern,” Frontier said in a statement Wednesday. “Frontier will continue to work closely with CDC and other governmental agencies to ensure proper protocols and procedures are being followed.”

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just point me to my fema camp so i can get my microchip

You know what is ironic? People who claim 1 news source is just inducing fear for clicks, then referencing another news source that induces fear for clicks.

Pray for me guys.

The band I work with has 2 sold out shows in Dallas tomorrow and the next day. Then Austin, then Houston, then a private show at Texas A&M. Im wearing a surgical mask no matter what people think.

I was in Ft. Worth on Thursday and Friday, and there were a few people going through TSA that had masks. I don't disagree with the sentiment, but when you get it through the eyes (airborne sneeze, touching an infected surface and rubbing your face)...:no::dumb:

There's just not enough prep you can do from a day-to-day standpoint...

thorough cleaning per our normal procedures

don't worry dude, perfectly safe.

http://www.jaunted.com/files/21888/us_seat.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/TRAVEL/12/22/bt.germs.breed.on.plane/t1larg.airplane.germs.jpg