so talk me out of

Cordell

To be honest I have one high balance credit card, a minor tool bill, and my wife's car that is less then a year from being paid off. It's not like I'm drowning in debt.

Sounds like right about where im at, except i just have a credit card that i went stupid with and a little bit left on a student loan. Should i have paid it off before buying the gto? Sure. do i give a fuck? Nope

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Debt > any car. IMO pay off shit first, then play. Your call though. IIRC you've changed jobs a few times and even kicked around school, have a kid or two.....lots to think about before a car.

Cars and deals will always be around and only get better. Debt isn't going anywhere either and only gets worse if you don't pay it off.

Off my dad box.

No Debt > any car. IMO pay off shit first, then play. Your call though. IIRC you've changed jobs a few times and even kicked around school, have a kid or two.....lots to think about before a car.

Cars and deals will always be around and only get better. Debt isn't going anywhere either and only gets worse if you don't pay it off.

Off my dad box.

Tim, my daughter is 13, I live in a nice house, my bills get paid. I'm going to keep having fun. As much as I kick around jobs or school, being a technician is what I'm good at, and I can get out of bed in the morning and not dred going there. I have had 3 jobs in the past 5 years without any break in employment all doing the same thing, and I'm pretty happy where I'm at now, just had my one year at Lash Chevrolet. I'm happy with my decisions, so the haters can hate all they want.

I should also say I am very familiar with this struggle. I am working through it now. My wife and I decided a while ago that we should only ever have one car payment. We can afford another one, we just decided that was not smart financially (one payment isn't either but I digress). Fast forward to me buying a pimp Suburban before my vacation in June to replace my existing one that, while rusting, was fine. My wife's Volvo was not paid off at the time so we went "off plan". Then my CTSv gets totalled - I faced the decision to take the settlement and payoff her car or buy a new toy. After much prayer and discussions with the wife I paid off her car which did not leave me with enough cash to buy what I want. I am saving now and will look for something in the Spring. I miss the toy terribly but think I will enjoy the next one more if I stick to our plan. My situation is a bit different though - I have a daughter in college and a junior in high school. We are trying to put both of them through school with no debt. It is hard to do when you did not save throughout your life for it :)

Tim, my daughter is 13, I live in a nice house, my bills get paid. I'm going to keep having fun. As much as I kick around jobs or school, being a technician is what I'm good at, and I can get out of bed in the morning and not dred going there. I have had 3 jobs in the past 5 years without any break in employment all doing the same thing, and I'm pretty happy where I'm at now, just had my one year at Lash Chevrolet. I'm happy with my decisions, so the haters can hate all they want.

Start a thread asking for people to talk you out of buying a car... CR gives you good points and you call them haters..

why not just say "I'm buying this car"

I learned family and paying off debt is way better than owning any fast car.