Anybody have a motorcycle trailer...

Tpoppa

Thanks Paul! I didn't know you had a trailer.

As good as the 919 is...it's just not the right bike for me. I am either picking up a VFR800 or another Buell.

What are you doing with the 919?

I have a trailer to but i'm in Columbus / Westerville

What are you doing with the 919?

It's going on Craigslist as soon as I find it's replacement. If you're interested shoot me a PM. Cosmetically & Mechanically it's 9+/10. It's ready for a new rear tire, which is already sitting in my garage.

The VFR has adjustable preload on the rear if you get the ABS model, otherwise no. It'll keep up, but I can't say I'm confident it handled better than my buddy's 919. Now I do hear the 5 gen 1998-2001 was the sportiest of VFRs.

My cousin had an XB12s, hated it. Shook like crazy, sounded like crap, and didn't really feel high quality to me. I hate the motor in it, ugh.

Oh and the CR does not have a butterface!

The VFR has adjustable preload on the rear if you get the ABS model, otherwise no. It'll keep up, but I can't say I'm confident it handled better than my buddy's 919. Now I do hear the 5 gen 1998-2001 was the sportiest of VFRs.

My cousin had an XB12s, hated it. Shook like crazy, sounded like crap, and didn't really feel high quality to me. I hate the motor in it, ugh.

Oh and the CR does not have a butterface!

If his XB shook, the suspension was definetely set up wrong. I put over 30k on a XB9S & it was rock solid. Handling was excellent. The motor is subjective, but it never slowed me down.

If they redisigned the radiotor 'pods' on the 1125CR, I would give it a 2nd look.

Yeah I mean it vibrated at stoplights enough to make the mirrors useless.

If mine had front end adjustment I definitely missed it. Hoblick has it now anyway. If you are looking for something that handles better than the 919 a VFR will likely need a few mods before that is the case. BTW the sidepods on the CR are functional to absorb lowside impacts w/o damaging other parts on the bike and cost about $100 to replace painted. So Function>Form

Yeah I mean it vibrated at stoplights enough to make the mirrors useless.

If mine had front end adjustment I definitely missed it. Hoblick has it now anyway. If you are looking for something that handles better than the 919 a VFR will likely need a few mods before that is the case. BTW the sidepods on the CR are functional to absorb lowside impacts w/o damaging other parts on the bike and cost about $100 to replace painted. So Function>Form

The XB mill is designed to vibrate at idle, when the rev's get over 3k the vibrations stop. Not for everyone, but I never thought it was an issue.

I was waiting for the 1125 to be released. The design doesn't work for me. The pods are functional, but most seem to think they detract from the overall look of the bike. Why not form & function? Plenty of bikes have nicely integrated side mounted radiators...Superhawk, VFR, etc. It's not like it's a new idea. Now that HD owns MV, maybe Erik can access that wonderful Italian styling dept.

This is a nicely styled photochop of the pods on an 1125R. If this was real it might be in my garage.

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/messages/290431/452218.jpg