College Football Thread v6.0

bicranium

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, so you have Florida St not making the playoff? Does that mean you see them losing during the regular season or maybe to a team like Duke in the CCG? Btw, the NCAA is investigating Winston once again, this time for points shaving against Louisville. How much does this play into the committees decision? Also, is it just me or is there absolutely no Heisman hype this season? Every year by this time you have 3-5 guys who you constantly hear in regards to winning that stupid award. This year, I haven't heard anyones name outside of Mariotta and the qb from Miss St.

Also, fun fact about OSU's loss to Va Tech: "Teams are 1-7 the week after facing Navy this year"- Urban Meyer

Yup, I have Florida State losing at least once, and I think it'll only take one loss for Florida State to get bounced. Either Miami will do it this weekend, Florida will do it, or Duke will get them in the CCG.

I saw about the Winston points-shaving thing. That dude just cannot get away from controversy. I think it impacts the committee a little, but not enough to mean that Florida State gets left out if they remain undefeated (if that makes sense?).

I think the imminent playoff is sucking the hype out of the Heisman race. I also think the Heisman will be won by Mariotta, especially if Oregon wins out.

That's actually a crazy stat about Navy, LOL. A mere coincidence or is there something to it? I think there's something to it. Preparing for Navy and playing them is so demanding, given their funky triple option shit.

Mike (Sully) - thanks!

Here are Top 10:

1 Mississippi State 9-0

2 Oregon 9-1

3 Florida State 9-0

4 TCU 8-1

5 Alabama 8-1

6 Arizona State 8-1

7 Baylor 8-1

8 Ohio State 8-1

9 Auburn 7-2

10 Mississippi 8-2

Josh, I'm with you - wtf is up with TCU being 3 spots higher than Baylor? If I'm Baylor, I'm livid.

See why we need Alabama to lose to Miss State? It's clear the committee is favoring Miss State over Alabama. If Miss State loses to Alabama, I doubt they drop below Ohio State next week.

Has anyone explained the playoff in these threads yet because I am having a hard time wrapping my head around what is going to happen. I've Googled it and keep getting the same article which use the words "Glitzy Bowl" far too often to keep my attention.

From what I understand is that the Rose(no longer a guaranteed B1G/PAC game this year) and the Sugar Bowl will be the playoffs? Then the winner of those 2 go off to the Championship?

So essentially a team could win 3 bowl games(Conf, Semis, Champ) this season?

Can someone simplify this for me and where it will leave us if we don't make the playoffs, I'm thinking Fiesta against ASU?

Has anyone explained the playoff in these threads yet because I am having a hard time wrapping my head around what is going to happen. I've Googled it and keep getting the same article which use the words "Glitzy Bowl" far too often to keep my attention.

From what I understand is that the Rose(no longer a guaranteed B1G/PAC game this year) and the Sugar Bowl will be the playoffs? Then the winner of those 2 go off to the Championship?

So essentially a team could win 3 bowl games(Conf, Semis, Champ) this season?

Can someone simplify this for me and where it will leave us if we don't make the playoffs, I'm thinking Fiesta against ASU?

You pretty much have it down. I don't consider a conference championship a bowl game though. Not sure where OSU would end up as they have to win out before we can speculate.

OSU would end up in either the Orange or Fiesta as an at large. Mark Schlabach has OSU projected in the Fiesta vs Arizona State and Brett McMurphey (both from ESPN) has OSU vs Ole Miss in the Peach Bowl. I would almost put money that if OSU is left out of the playoff with only 1 loss that they'll be in the Fiesta

Yep, we're a staple out in Arizona and they know we'd be able to sell tickets.

A solid win over a respected ASU team wouldn't be a bad ending to the season IMO.

ASU would be about the only team that we could play out there that wouldn't end up looking like a home game for us.

A solid win over a respected ASU team wouldn't be a bad ending to the season IMO.

If we win out and don't make the playoffs, I'd only be happy playing Alabama or Auburn in the Fiesta.

Edited by BStowers023

If we win out and don't make table playoffs, I'd only be happy playing Alabama or Auburn in the Fiesta.

Yep. If we cant get a chance to win a NC, at least give us a chance to beat an SEC team

ASU would be about the only team that we could play out there that wouldn't end up looking like a home game for us.

It would be close, there are TONS of Buckeyes down here myself included. The local alumni bar has had Kenny Guiton and Donnie Nicky for their block parties so far this year and had over 1600 people in attendance!!:fuckyeah:

This.

Incorrect. Arizona is Ohio Jr.

Yep. If we cant get a chance to win a NC, at least give us a chance to beat an SEC team

+2.