Does anybody understand the attraction to trikes?

magley64

the speakers need to be integrated better into the body, but I don't have the time/money to make body pieces and have them painted/paint them to match the current bike color, so i'm just using them in place of mushrooms for the time being.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? It made me throw up in my mouth a little.

A stereo?? And you're telling me that a trike might as well be a car?? Dude... you've pretty much lost any credibility in this debate with the whole 'my sportbike has an 100w stereo' business.

:rulez: Rulez... Read them.

I ride my bike long distance mang, it's an hour and 10 min commute to work each morning, a humm for an hour solid gets old... I've done a few long rides with fonz and dweez, a stereo is a nice commodity.

but the stretch of 44 between 322 and 422 makes the whole trip a blast (I like the twistys)

Stereo Idea came from dad (all his windjammers had/have "cycle sound")

Maybe you just don't enjoy music as much as I do?

If I could find a way to upgrade my charging system, I'd have an even better stereo...

A long time friend of our Family decided she was tired of sitting on the back of her Husband's Goldwing, and wanted to drive for herself. Being a 50+ woman, she opted for a Goldwing Trike.

Now, her Husband has said that once he gets to the point he no longer feels comfortable flicking his Goldwing around The Trail of the Dragon anymore, he would GLADLY trade it in for a Trike.

All bikes serve a purpose. Some go fast, some look good, some are loud, and some enable folks the ability to ride that might not be able to otherwise.

;)

KillJoy

BTW you steer WAY worse than a car. It makes absolutely no sense from a physics standpoint to have that tiny contact patch up front and two tires out back.

So no, I don't understand it either.

from a physics standpoint, bees can't fly.

If you want something bad enough to ghetto a stereo onto your 180mph machine then my hat is off to you. ;)

Most of the guys i know wear earphones or something similar anyway, i just hate having crap stuck in my ears...and wires attached to my head...

hence a stereo...works out well

I seen 3 "touring trikes" on my ride yesterday...

my question is simple...Why?

I just don't see the point 017.gif

you steer like a car, you have a big windsheild in front of you, big cushy seats...

Wouldn't it be easier/cheaper to buy a miata or buy a Jeep Cj/Wrangler and remove the doors?

Then you don't have to worry about helmet laws, (anywhere) you can put the top back up whenever the weather turns inclament, (or don't, if you like the rain) you don't have to worry about special licensing...

I'm just curious what the attraction is... Handle bars?

Well.. I'll have to think a bit as it has been some time since my parents bought me one. I'd have to say at the time our neighbors had one and I was getting tired of pushing them around all the time ....

Not really my thing and I plan on riding on two wheels forever but a bike's' date=' a bike's, a bike. Still got the open road and a set of bars in front of you. It's all good in my book. I just don't like the posers on trikes. Actually, I don't like posers on any bike.

Lyndse and I met a couple from PA yesterday on our ride. We had just gotten ridiculed by some Harley guys for our leathers when this couple rode up on a very shiny Goldwing trike. The old lady hopped off the back and shuffled her way to Lyndse and the Monster and started conversing all about the motorcycle she used to ride. The husband shook my hand and said, "I'm glad to see you two are dressed for the occasion." Obviously, he was referring to our leather suits, boots and whatnot. He said when he was younger he used to 'tear up and down the PA roads' but he can't physically do it anymore. So, he bought the 'Wing, used, from a Harley shop and has been riding all over the place since. He said, "When you get to be as old and decrepit as me you have to ride a bike with training wheels."

We bs'ed for a few more minutes and then parted ways. I just smiled inside my helmet and thanked whatever the hell is up there that people like that still ride and enjoy themselves. It makes this sometimes all too wretched rock a bit more endurable.[/quote']

I agree..

The few I have seen have all been ridden by older guys. My guess is that they rode for years, but are now physically unable to ride. They don't want to give up a bike, so they move to a trike that they are able to handle. Just my opinion.

+1 I actually saw one on my way home from work today. guy had the harley-esque look to him but had a handicapped plate on the trike.