Does anybody understand the attraction to trikes?

magley64

I'm not saying people shoudln't ride a trike, I'm just saying I have no idea why they'd want to...

it's not a bike anymore, it's a car with forks and handlebars...

if you're too old to ride, there are better options than a rickety trike... That's all I'm really saying.

Your ability to not understand why baffles me. There is plenty of logical reasos why the older crowd would want one. Its not like they are strapping training wheels on a gixxer1k.

Lay some better options out there, please enlighten me. And most of those trikes aren't rickety. They aren't nibble by anymeans but in a straight line which most people on this forum are all about, perform very well.

Last year I saw a couple well into their 60s. The guy was a boss hoss and his wife was on a boss hoss trike.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lay some better options out there, please enlighten me. And most of those trikes aren't rickety. They aren't nibble by anymeans but in a straight line which most people on this forum are all about, perform very well.

Miata.jpg

2007_saturn_sky_roadster_rear.jpg

n761391g.jpg?Pontiac_Solstice_Roadster_Cabrio

2004_mini_cabriolet_01_m.jpg

2510425254_5af8dc5fca.jpg

main_ssr.jpg

for example...

better fuel economy, better handling, no special licensing, no helmet laws... and all well within the price range of a wing trike...or close to it

WTF?:wtf:

well, this is coming from a guy who rocks a Icon's version a hello kitty helmet.

First thing my brother says when he saw it "Looks like a villain from the Powerpuff Girls or something." Then the other day my aunt says "It's a little bit gay isn't it? I mean, it has pink on it."

Jokes on them, Powerpuff girls was a good show :p

Magz.. you are either being very facetious or just being retarded. There is a huge difference between a trike and a Miata. Granted' date=' they both are super gay but the dynamics and environment are different.[/quote']

"different" meaning "BETTER"

you can throw a miata around a corner WAY faster than a wing trike...

it's still "open air" (as much as a fully faired wing)

You know what Maggie you're an Idiot. Those are all cars. If they wanted a car they would have bought one. Its the way the choose to experience the road, same reason why you choose to ride a sled. Next time you see one if you get the chance talk to them, find out why. I'll bet you could relate to something they say.

But I'd put my money on that the some of those trike owners already have a roadster for their daily driver.

Edited by nochknstrps

What everyone fails to realize is Mags does not subscribe to the "because I like it" argument. Every machine built by man has to have a purpose and whatever purpose it's built for must strive to be the best at that purpose.

This is why Mags hates trikes, SSRs, and ugly babies

They don't want to be in a car. They want to be on a bike.

Thank you,

that explanation makes the most sense...

"I wish i could ride a bike, I guess i'll ride a trike and pretend"

it LOOKS like a bike from where I'm sitting.

Yes a sled, your XX, busas, zx14s are all considered to be sleds because they aren't as nibble as the leaner sportbikes. Just ask ninjanick, he catches shit all the time, but he is also one of the few that actually knows how to throw one of those beast around.

Why are you trying to argue advatages now? What advantage do any of us have riding a 2motorcycle or 3 wheeled vehicle compared to a 4+ wheeled vehicle. Ultimately none cause in the end when it comes down to a collision with one we are fucked.

So' date=' the double standard rule still applies... hence the BlackBird.[/quote']

the backbird is a simple equation of "value and purpose"

if you can find me a better handling bike, that is more comfortable, quicker accelerating, and more reliable than mine for 5500, I'd be all over it.

So' date=' you aren't in love with your motorcycle? If that's the case you and I will never be able to see eye-to-eye on this topic. It's not about practicality. It's about the motorcycle experience itself. I bought a scooter for practicality purposes. I have an underpowered, over weight, maintenance heavy 748 because I'm in love with everything it does and doesn't do. Practicality doesn't enter into my motorcycle equations. I drove my car to Cleveland today because I didn't want to ride my bike on the highway. The highway is no place for a sportbike, in my arrogant opinion.[/quote']

well, my bike is a hypersport (flying couch) it has a big cushy seat, a stereo, and a bunch of horsepower. I ride it whenever i get the chance because i like riding a MOTORCYCLE...countersteering, acceleration, incredible handling...

but I don't have infinite funds, or maybe practicality wouldn't enter into my equations either, I'd have one of those MTT's, a lambo countach, and a real Blackbird...