Columbus Police Helicopters- help?

mrs.cos

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put in a complaint for north linden for me. Every night that I am outside grilling meat or tending to my fire pit I see a ghetto bird.

That's just the way it is

Things'll never be the same

That's just the way it is

Aww yeah...

Most of it has been said. Good and bad. Thrish, I think you guys just moved. But, being on the edge of the city may be something to consider, should you move again. We love being left alone, where I make all the noise in my area.

It sounds like you have some recent activity in your area. More than likely that will calm down and the birds will be less often. If not, that's probably an influance to move. I'd take it for what it is for now and be sure you have a safe plan for you home.

Most of it has been said. Good and bad. Thrish, I think you guys just moved. But, being on the edge of the city may be something to consider, should you move again. We love being left alone, where I make all the noise in my area.

It sounds like you have some recent activity in your area. More than likely that will calm down and the birds will be less often. If not, that's probably an influance to move. I'd take it for what it is for now and be sure you have a safe plan for you home.

nope we ended up not moving. Weve been here over twelve years..

I just wonder if its because we have an active facebook group now that im noticing it, or if it really is a recent turn in the community. Its always been a VERY nice neighborhood and safe.

Ive opted to just let my nerves calm down and I am (despite what people are taking from this post) rather trusting of the police. I respect them, and the work they do.

You guys have enlightened me to some information that i wasnt aware of that will allow me to educate the people of the neighborhood (like the infrared/body heat camera and the constant flight status) Maybe help calm some nerves there as well.

As a side bar- if it has the infrared, why use a spotlight?

Duh, if you had a giant super spotlight, wouldn't you use it?

I hear ya. Life flight flies over my house like clockwork, always slightly annoying until they're ridiculously low, and have to rewind netflix.

Cbus has been flying around my neighborhood too, they're usually gone in a few minutes. Prob some officer stalking an ex or trying to scare something, there's no crime around here :gabe:

nope we ended up not moving. Weve been here over twelve years..

I just wonder if its because we have an active facebook group now that im noticing it, or if it really is a recent turn in the community. Its always been a VERY nice neighborhood and safe.

Ive opted to just let my nerves calm down and I am (despite what people are taking from this post) rather trusting of the police. I respect them, and the work they do.

You guys have enlightened me to some information that i wasnt aware of that will allow me to educate the people of the neighborhood (like the infrared/body heat camera and the constant flight status) Maybe help calm some nerves there as well.

As a side bar- if it has the infrared, why use a spotlight?

Because officers on the ground do not have ir or heat vision and need help seeing at night.

You don't sound sound like you are over-reacting... You sound like a little bitch.

They are doing their jobs, if people are worked-up about it then they sound like "little bitches" too.

Reality is, you could complain to the CPD, and they aren't going to do anything... Other then think you are a little bitch.

Either way you slice it, your man card gets pulled.

My advice, buy a gun and a chest rig. Sounds like you livin on Crenshaw. Y'gon need it playa.

This made me chuckle.

I think we have 4 choppers IIRC.

It seems like you're interested in police activity. Peruse these and follow up :)

Here is a list of codes:

http://www.columbuspolice.org/aboutcpd/10codecp.pdf

Cars are designated by Precinct -- unit 181 is 18th Precinct, car 1.

They'll add 9 for overflow units, like 9181.

S for supervisor, L for lieutenant.

Here is a zone and precinct map:

http://www.columbuspolice.org/Maps/Citywide%20Overview%20Maps%20-%20Revised%2011-2011.pdf

Live Zone 2 audio: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/9074

Zone 5: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/17523

Zones 1-5 combined [citywide]: https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/11208/web

Per the 2010 Census, Columbus is the 15th most populous city in the United States, with a population of 787,033, and is the largest city in the state of Ohio. Columbus covers approximately 222 square miles, the majority of which lies in Franklin County, but the city also reaches into Fairfield and Delaware Counties. The Columbus Division of Police is a force of 1,827 sworn personnel and 297 civilians, and falls within the top 25 largest police departments in the U.S.

The Division’s sworn personnel have an average age of 42 with an average 15 years of service. The composition of the Division is as follows: White 86.32%, Black 11.49%, Asian .93%, Indian 0%, Other/Hispanic 1.20%. The Division has 1,611 males (88%) and 216 females (12%); females account for 24 (8.3%) of the 290 supervisory positions. The Division is a large family, and many personnel are related either by marriage or birth

And here's the citizen ride-along request form:

http://www.columbuspolice.org/FormsPublications/U-10.119%20Citizen%20Ride-Along%20Form.pdf

This morning, Karl Rd is closed at 161 for a body from a shooting at the strip club ~5:30AM. That's, ya know, two blocks from me. I'll take all the choppers I can get.

I must live around the corner from you. I've been hearing them out more and I thought it was strange. The apartment complexes have some sketchy citizens that have been branching out lately. You want them there.

And Bob.. Calm down. You sound like that retarded cousin that no one wants to claim they are related to :lol: Being all mean to Trish for no reason. I will admit though... I chuckled a little.

I must live around the corner from you. I've been hearing them out more and I thought it was strange. The apartment complexes have some sketchy citizens that have been branching out lately. You want them there.

And Bob.. Calm down. You sound like that retarded cousin that no one wants to claim they are related to :lol: Being all mean to Trish for no reason. I will admit though... I chuckled a little.

Haha....

I live very close to you. Takes me like 7 mins max to get to your house if I hit all the lights.

I have 3 good friends that are CPD pilots, and believe it or not, you can do a civilian ride along in the chopper.

CPD has 6 choppers. Only 1 has the FLIR - its 6 figures for the camera. They fly from noon until 4 AM, and there is always a chopper in the air. The helipad is almost in the hilltop, off west broad st. They fly with a pilot and a radio man, in 2 hour shifts. 2 hours up, two hours down/rest. They dont just buzz neighborhoods, most of the time they are first on scene. If your woman is laying out getting her tan on, she may get a flyby.....

They can reach 160mph with a tailwind. They have a great relationship with the airport, and can call the tower and delay flights if they are after someone on the area and deemed important. They dont have enough power to hover - they have to keep moving.

I have 3 good friends that are CPD pilots, and believe it or not, you can do a civilian ride along in the chopper.

CPD has 6 choppers. Only 1 has the FLIR - its 6 figures for the camera. They fly from noon until 4 AM, and there is always a chopper in the air. The helipad is almost in the hilltop, off west broad st. They fly with a pilot and a radio man, in 2 hour shifts. 2 hours up, two hours down/rest. They dont just buzz neighborhoods, most of the time they are first on scene. If your woman is laying out getting her tan on, she may get a flyby.....

They can reach 160mph with a tailwind. They have a great relationship with the airport, and can call the tower and delay flights if they are after someone on the area and deemed important. They dont have enough power to hover - they have to keep moving.

Cool info.

That last bit about having to stay moving makes a lot of sense. When i lived in a crappy part of town and they paid us a visit(which was quite often), it would orbit in a tight circle. Its pretty cool to watch as its so agile.

Cool info.

That last bit about having to stay moving makes a lot of sense. When i lived in a crappy part of town and they paid us a visit(which was quite often), it would orbit in a tight circle. Its pretty cool to watch as its so agile.

Saw this on campus a lot. It is pretty sweet. Looked like they were doing 60+ making a turn with a 100' radius :lolguy: