Starting off the Year Right

TTQ B4U

Enjoying another day off work, having coffee, looking out the window and what do I see.....someone looking for breakfast. Click on the images for full size version that show things more clearly.

Canon EOS 7D Mark II

Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM with Canon 1.4x Teleconverter

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj84/crms3er/Full_zps1710a77e.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj84/crms3er/Head_zps5f8758c7.jpg

I think he must live pretty close as I see him ever 3-4 weeks. I bet most of the time he's just hidden and around but he likes to sit on a couple trees by our deck and on our fence.

The trees in our yard and behind us often have critters popping out an scurrying around. I've seen a Red Tail take more than a few squirrels and rabbits from our yard :)

Great pics :)

It's funny that when my longest lens is 200mm I see all kinds of things nice and close. When I had my 500mm everything was 100 yards away and still had to be cropped to death lol

How you like the MK II ?

The MKII is awesome. I sold my 1DMKII that was years old but a tank and a tried and proven sports camera. This one trumps that.

The reviews call it a mini 1Dx which was launched and dominated the last Olympics. The AF System is based off of that but has a few more features as well. Canon finally put a solid professional focus system in their prosumer lineup.

The one HUGE key selling factor for me on the AF System is the Flicker Sensing. No more OOF or F'd up WB in images as it detects the flicker of these lights and will subtly adjust the frame release timing to match when the lights are at their brightest for a proper exposure and insuring you nail the focus. Even in normal household CFL's or LED's there's flicker and it tells you when it's matching up. Pretty cool. The f/2.8 dual cross-type point on the 7D Mark II gives the camera the ability to focus down to f/8, thus how I was able to use the 100-400L with the teleconverter so easily. It' locked on with ease.

The 7D Mark II also offer a metering system more advanced than even the 5D Mark III and 1Dx. The new 7D Mk II uses an actual RGB metering sensor with approximately 150,000-pixels. This is a huge improvement over the 7D's 63-zone segmented light-sensitive sensor, which oly allowed for basic correction of red and green hues. The new metering sensor even improves on those found in the 5D Mark III and 1Dx, which only offer 100,000 pixels and lack the infrared metering capability this on has.

This is my go-to camera going forward with my Full Frame 5DMKIII as the portrait work. They match up well and even the controls pretty much mirror each other.

Edited by TTQ B4U