Recommend me new pipes for my '13 Silverado

harmonda

I have a '13 Silverado crew cab with a 5.7. It has a 7.5" lift...big ol' tires to suit but the stock exhaust is a letdown. I've driven loud cars before so I'm not shy of going with a louder system. I usually like a side outlet on a tow vehicle since I am a boater and I don't like the pipes next to my ear when I'm cranking the boat on or off. Maybe dual sides? I'm open. Looking for recommendations. I plan to install it myself. I've put a few systems on including LT headers. I'd like to keep the cost down. Sub $500 if possible for a cat-back.

Do you really want the sound that bad? Or are you looking for performance?

If you are towing with it it's gonna drone like all holy hell. IF you just want a little rumble with no performance increase I'd say get flowmaster or something along those lines as just a catback or however they make it for trucks. I have never looked into an exhaust on either of the GMT800's I have owned, I never saw it as necessity as I thought they sounded plenty loud enough stock..

I'm a big fan of Magnaflow. The catback on my Camaro is great in my opinion. Stainless, lifetime warranty. There look to be 2 for your truck. One is a passenger side exit, the other is dual rear exit.

Best price I can find with a quick search. 715.85 with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/MagnaFlow-15562-Stainless-Performance-Exhaust/dp/B004JBF3SU

That's a little more than you were planning budget wise, but since it's amazon there is no tax or shipping. Scrap out or sell the original exhaust and recoup some of your money.

Whats wrong with wanting some sound out of your daily. People buy exhausts everyday for this exact reason.

I have always been a fan of borla exhausts. Reach out to one of the shops on here like ips, they usually can get it cheaper then buying it on your own. Worth a shot to save some money.

Whats wrong with wanting some sound out of your daily. People buy exhausts everyday for this exact reason.

I have always been a fan of borla exhausts. Reach out to one of the shops on here like ips, they usually can get it cheaper then buying it on your own. Worth a shot to save some money.

I'm not quite as deep with Borla but nobody is beating my price on Magnaflow.

Jeff

I've got a Magnaflow catback on my V (I know, not the same platform) and I will attest it's the best blend of sound and performance. At idle, a nice, quiet rumble, and WOT is great with zero drone.

I've learned that a quality exhaust system is unobtrusive when you don't need it; cheap is loud, brappy and buzzy all the time and it's annoying.

Check out this system, especially if you have a 7.5" lift.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=all&id=1955

i would recommend drilling some holes in the stock muffler, and putting a high temperature paint over the area so it doesn't rust. you can maybe throw some stainless nuts and bolts into the muffler if you want a bit more of an exotic 'rasp'

sub $500 and quality do not go hand in hand. most cheap systems will rust quickly, and/or are manufactured with thinner metal. they also have fitment issues. if you plan on keeping the car long term, i'd recommend a more expensive kit. they have specific truck forums out there---you can ask there and get FIRST HAND experience from someone who will be able to confirm the presence of drone---which you obviously don't want. cheap systems often times have tons of drone---because there has been no R&D in the system to eliminate drone

just my $0.02. there is ZERO reason for a modern-day quality exhaust system to drone

just my $0.02. there is ZERO reason for a modern-day quality exhaust system to drone

Does it have AFM? My G8 took some playing with the setup to get the tone/volume I wanted without droning when DoD kicks in. It's kind of a pain. I went with a magnaflow midmuff (one with the x-pipe inside) and j-pipes welded out back before I was happy. Being catless doesn't help, I'm sure.

Because its for wanna-be's who think their truck is "fast" or "badass"... GTFO.

Truck owners who use their trucks are fine. Towing, hauling, getting chores done that require a truck.

The people who don't use them as trucks usually add retarded lifts, stupid useless tires, loud annoying exhausts, etc. just to show how small they are and how much their "badass truck" makes up for said lack of whatever.

99% of these piles never see anything but paved roads. You can easily spot them with their chromed out wheels with little bitty rubber band tires, CB radio antennas without the CB radio, loud/glass pack exhausts, silicone balls hanging on the pintle hitch that has never been hooked to any trailer (and most don't even know what a pintle hitch is/is used for), and lifts for no reason (other than to look down on everyone) are usually a tell tale sign that you are looking at a poser with his "badass" truck.

Its as bad as Honda kids putting fart cans on their stock D series Honda IMO.

But hey, if you want to take a part that doesn't rust or fall off in 220k miles and replace it with some POS system that will rust off in 5 years, that's up to the owner. I can say from experience, my fenders will fall off the truck before the stock exhaust will.

Truck owners who use their trucks are fine. Towing, hauling, getting chores done that require a truck.

The people who don't use them as trucks usually add retarded lifts, stupid useless tires, loud annoying exhausts, etc. just to show how small they are and how much their "badass truck" makes up for said lack of whatever.

99% of these piles never see anything but paved roads. You can easily spot them with their chromed out wheels with little bitty rubber band tires, CB radio antennas without the CB radio, loud/glass pack exhausts, silicone balls hanging on the pintle hitch that has never been hooked to any trailer (and most don't even know what a pintle hitch is/is used for), and lifts for no reason (other than to look down on everyone) are usually a tell tale sign that you are looking at a poser with his "badass" truck.

But hey, if you want to take a part that doesn't rust or fall off in 220k miles and replace it with some POS system that will rust off in 5 years, that's up to the owner. I can say from experience, my fenders will fall off the truck before the stock exhaust will.

This might be the dumbest thing ive read all day. Just because its a truck means its "ricer" to put an exhaust on it? lol

So was it rice to put an exhaust of your supra? Im sure thats LOUD as all hell , yet thats ok? Makes no sense.

Doesnt matter what vehicle it is, its not you driving it, you live up in canton anyways you wont ever hear the truck.

If the OP wants to do it then great he asked for suggestions on what to get, not some bs.

This might be the dumbest thing ive read all day. Just because its a truck means its "ricer" to put an exhaust on it? lol

So was it rice to put an exhaust of your supra? Im sure thats LOUD as all hell , yet thats ok? Makes no sense.

Doesnt matter what vehicle it is, its not you driving it, you live up in canton anyways you wont ever hear the truck.

If the OP wants to do it then great he asked for suggestions on what to get, not some bs.

This post is a good one

• Upvote 1

Damn dude, you act like someone beat down the old lady's pussy better then you could...

There is a new company, just started this year. I have been following them on IG for a while. The guy who started had a partner and they had started a company called T-Phlo, it fell through before it really ever got anywhere, so he went off on his own. I like the sound, and will be getting a set for my 300 sometime this year. He is big the in truck scene in SoCal it seems like.

http://www.carvenexhaust.com/