College Football Thread version 9.0

DaddyBuiltRacing

Cardale has 2 days to decide what he's going to do. Miller's decision will be based on that outcome (in my opinion).

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cardale has 2 days to decide what he's going to do. Miller's decision will be based on that outcome (in my opinion).

Take the chance of earning at least league minimum (500k I believe) and providing for your family or come back, run the risk of not playing again. Either way, he will most likely only have 3 games worth of film for NFL scouts to see, maybe that's all they need?

I was saying to my buddy last night at the bar, "This could get ugly for Oregon." Had it not been for those 4 turnovers, I think we win by at least 30, maybe even 40.

We just beat - convincingly, I might add - the two best teams from the two best conferences in back to back games (Alabama and Oregon). We essentially had to win two BCS title games 12 days apart.

Also, remember, we beat the three Heisman candidates in back-to-back-to-back games. Mariotta had a good game last night, but he definitely wasn't spectacular like he has been for the vast majority of the season.

Oregon, who was scoring like 49.5 points a game on average (I think), managed to score all of two touchdowns the entire game. And, note, the first TD was in like the first 2 minutes of the game.

Virginia Tech was sitting home watching this game and were probably looking at each other like, "How the fuck did we beat that team, by two TD's, at home? Serious question, how did that happen?" LOL, WTF, shit is crazy. Just shows you how much a team can change over the course of the season.

I am exceptionally proud of my team. This has been a crazy season, gentlemen (and lady/Trish). What a ride, huh? It will take a while for this to set in. And that's fine - I'll be relishing this season for a loooooong time.

So, how many first place votes does Ohio State get preseason next year - all of them? The future is very bright, my friends.

I was saying to my buddy last night at the bar, "This could get ugly for Oregon." Had it not been for those 4 turnovers, I think we win by at least 30, maybe even 40.

We just beat - convincingly, I might add - the two best teams from the two best conferences in back to back games (Alabama and Oregon). We essentially had to win two BCS title games 12 days apart.

Also, remember, we beat the three Heisman candidates in back-to-back-to-back games. Mariotta had a good game last night, but he definitely wasn't spectacular like he has been for the vast majority of the season.

Oregon, who was scoring like 49.5 points a game on average (I think), managed to score all of two touchdowns the entire game. And, note, the first TD was in like the first 2 minutes of the game.

Virginia Tech was sitting home watching this game and were probably looking at each other like, "How the fuck did we beat that team, by two TD's, at home? Serious question, how did that happen?" LOL, WTF, shit is crazy. Just shows you how much a team can change over the course of the season.

I am exceptionally proud of my team. This has been a crazy season, gentlemen (and lady/Trish). What a ride, huh? It will take a while for this to set in. And that's fine - I'll be relishing this season for a loooooong time.

So, how many first place votes does Ohio State get preseason next year - all of them? The future is very bright, my friends.

If all of the underclassmen REALLY come back, as advertised, then YES, we get ALL the votes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/tcu-fans-bringing-in--winner-plays-tcu--sign-to-cfp-title-game--photos-055038842.html

I think I'll tell any TCU fan they should be thankful they didn't make it into the playoff. They can quit whining and just be happy they got to go beat up on an overrated Ole Miss team.

I heard on NPR this morning that OSU is making it back to Columbus this afternoon. I'm curious if anyone was going to congratulate them?

Do they take a bus all the way back from Dallas, or is there a chartered flight? A couple of buds that went down to Dallas said Southwest was flying dedicated charter flights direct to Dallas and back, and his plane this weekend was packed.

What Zach posted earlier about Cardale never starting a game in Ohio Stadium but is a national champion is insane when you think about it. Cardale is a straight assassin. Oh, no practice time? Sure, put me in coach - I'll beat several highly ranked opponents in the most pressure-packed games possible, no problem. Here's your NC trophy, glad I could help.

What Zach posted earlier about Cardale never starting a game in Ohio Stadium but is a national champion is insane when you think about it. Cardale is a straight assassin. Oh, no practice time? Sure, put me in coach - I'll beat several highly ranked opponents in the most pressure-packed games possible, no problem. Here's your NC trophy, glad I could help.

Yeah, mind blown.

So, for reals now guys, not forgetting what JT did during the season...who are we better with as our QB?

I was dead certain it was JT, but man, it's amazing how good we look RUNNING the ball with 12 Gauge in there...the commitment to the run is incredible. Throw in the play action and his deep ball....opposing defenses be like :no:

Yeah, mind blown.

So, for reals now guys, not forgetting what JT did during the season...who are we better with as our QB?

I was dead certain it was JT, but man, it's amazing how good we look RUNNING the ball with 12 Gauge in there...the commitment to the run is incredible. Throw in the play action and his deep ball....opposing defenses be like :no:

If Urban is a good salesmen and wants to get naughty he will some how convince JT and 12 Gauge to stay.

At that point you will have the potential for the 3 horsemen of the Buckeye Wrecking crew in the backfield at one time and that is the kind of thing that a defense won't want to face.

The thing that shocks me is how ANGRY 12 Gauge scrambles. That dude gets in the open field and lowers his shoulder with bad intentions in mind. There was a couple of times during the game where it looked like he was seeking contact.

250 lb QB with a 10 yard head start vs a 180 lb DB is like a dump truck hitting a smart car, fun as long as you are not the smart car...

The thing that shocks me is how ANGRY 12 Gauge scrambles. That dude gets in the open field and lowers his shoulder with bad intentions in mind. There was a couple of times during the game where it looked like he was seeking contact.

Bro, when he hit that nose guard and knocked him backwards...that was a STATEMENT play. I knew then that there was no way he was letting us lose that game. The Buckeyes were just fucking ANGRY last night. Almost like Tilley suggested earlier...playing with that attitude that they were bad boys, and they knew it. God, I'm going to watch this game on repeat for like a week.

Bro, when he hit that nose guard and knocked him backwards...that was a STATEMENT play. I knew then that there was no way he was letting us lose that game. The Buckeyes were just fucking ANGRY last night. Almost like Tilley suggested earlier...playing with that attitude that they were bad boys, and they knew it. God, I'm going to watch this game on repeat for like a week.

He went full on Nasty Nate and took that nose guard's cocktail fruit :fuckyeah:

Yeah, mind blown.

Being there in person I saw several passes Cardale through REALLY late. Some of his runs were runs because he did not hot the wide open man. Look at the pass interference play in the end zone - great play right? Dude was open less than 2 seconds after the snap and remained open until Cardale finally saw him. He is a force but JT is the better QB and will run the system better.

Being there in person I saw several passes Cardale through REALLY late. Some of his runs were runs because he did not hot the wide open man. Look at the pass interference play in the end zone - great play right? Dude was open less than 2 seconds after the snap and remained open until Cardale finally saw him. He is a force but JT is the better QB and will run the system better.

This is what I have always believed as well. Cardale is a good player on a great team, his timing has killed me over the past few games. Though I'm just glad he's no Pryor. JT is the better QB and who I personally prefer moving forward.

Alex Balducci is 310 lbs of butter on that play, it's awesome.

Watching some of the stuff on Espn and can't help but gush over how great the oline played last night.

This feels like the most underrated (though now widely talked about) part of the Team. Other then the first 2 drives the O line was fantastic and they obviously are the major key in why the rest of our offense is able to be so good. They have grown so much this year and it's great to know they will be a serious force all next year as well.

I'm a huge offensive line fan, they never get the credit they deserve but without them no great team succeeds. I expect recruiting for Tue 16 and 17 classes to really pick up. Yesterday was huge as three 5* kids committed for those classes. I fully expect to have back to back #1 classes both those years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/tcu-fans-bringing-in--winner-plays-tcu--sign-to-cfp-title-game--photos-055038842.html

I think I'll tell any TCU fan they should be thankful they didn't make it into the playoff. They can quit whining and just be happy they got to go beat up on an overrated Ole Miss team.

I won't say anything, I'll just throw cheese at them instead.

Jones needs to declare and cash in. He will go 3rd or 5th round and make a fine back up for a team while he is groomed to start. He is an athlete for sure. I think he would do quite well in the nfl.

Of course you would say that. And unfortunately I agreed with you. May be Cleveland Browns??

You know what, the Browns might actually be a good fit for him. He has the arm, the siZe and isn't afraid to take off to extend the play. He is clearly nfl size. He needs work on mechanics and timing. He is basically everything the nfl needs for a qb that Manziel isn't :lol:

You know what' date=' the Browns might actually be a good fit for him. He has the arm, the siZe and isn't afraid to take off to extend the play. He is clearly nfl size. He needs work on mechanics and timing. He is basically everything the nfl needs for a qb that Manziel isn't :lol:[/quote']

I agree that he is the best pro prospect at QB that is currently on the OSU football team. IF he were to come back and be the starter next year, his potential is ridiculous. To Caseys point, he is late on some throws, he misses a couple reads....but I'll be damned if he doesn't look comfortable back there. Polish those things up, and WOW.

Unfortunately, I just don't know if that is going to happen.