College Football Thread version 9.0

DaddyBuiltRacing

God, I'm going to watch this game on repeat for like a week.

I am seriously about 7/10 excited to go home and watch the replay of the game tonight. Because we don't have cable, I had to watch the game at a bar and, for various reasons, that kind of detracts from me being able to digest a lot of what is happening in the game. Watching the replay allows me to savor all the greatest, kind of critique the not so great stuff (like some of Cardale's errant throws), etc.

As for who should be the QB, I have no fucking clue. I guess this is why Meyer gets paid millions of dollars a year to make these very important decisions. I supposed with a gun to my head I say that JT is the starter and Cardale the backup. I don't want Braxton anywhere close to under center anymore. He can be an H back or whatever or take his brittleness to FSU.

Our QB situation is just straight bonkers. No matter which way you go, you win-lose. JT back to the starter? Oh that means you're benching a dude that just beat three ranked opponents and won a NC. Wait, Cardale is the starter? Oh, so you're telling me you're going to bench the Heisman-worthy JT Barrett who only broke a bunch of fucking records? And so what you're saying is the 2-time offensive MVP of the league is - wait for it - 2 deep on the QB depth chart? Just bananas.

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recorded the "Sounds of the Game" version as well as the official broadcast last night. I think I'll watch that version tonight.

I tried to watch spidercam on the side last night, and while there were times that it was REALLY cool, there were times that it was easily fooled by the play action and followed the back while the play developed off camera. Still, I think that the "Megacast" was a great idea.

If not for the sanctions in 2012, Ohio State would have played Notre Dame for the title. (I think we probably lose that game, though.)

If not for the loss to Michigan State in 2013, Ohio State would have played Florida State for the title. (I think Florida State curbstomps us in that game.)

In his third season at Ohio State, Meyer played for and won a NC. Conceivably, he could have played for two and, without the sanctions, three titles. (Though the rationale would be if we didn't have the sanctions then we probably don't get Meyer, either.)

Just some food for reflection.

2002 Season....we went Undefeated.

2014 Season....Undisputed.

2015 Season....Unstoppable? (too soon?)

both were great but this one feels good, as a fan. Last three games were nothing short of amazing.

2002 Season....we went Undefeated.

2014 Season....Undisputed.

2015 Season....Unstoppable? (too soon?)

both were great but this one feels good, as a fan. Last three games were nothing short of amazing.

I think the expectations for 2015 will be sky high, and for good reason. If we get complacent, then we look like this year's Florida State team. If we don't, then we look like USC in 2005.

Guys only 8 more months til kickoff of 2015 season.

Bama has top recruiting class for 2015. Let's hope they fill the positions they desperately need to address. We also open against Wisconsin in Arlington stadium. 8 months to late you fucks :fuuuu:

Guys only 8 more months til kickoff of 2015 season.

Bama has top recruiting class for 2015. Let's hope they fill the positions they desperately need to address. We also open against Wisconsin in Arlington stadium. 8 months to late you fucks :fuuuu:

Wisconsin 45, Alabama 10

anyone else listen to Mike & Mike this morning? talking about how Oregon beat themselves in the NC game? Did they even watch the fucking game? the Buckeyes straight beat their ass, OSU even turned the ball over 4 times! ESPN= stupid fucks.

I'll post this now Oregon vs. tOSU 0-9. most points Oregon ever scored against the Buckeyes 20. Great game, great season and awesome memories. Thank you Buckeyes!!!

anyone else listen to Mike & Mike this morning? talking about how Oregon beat themselves in the NC game?

No one with four or more functioning neurons would ever claim this and be serious about it.

I'd love to see the statistic on winning percentage for teams -4 or more in TO margin. It has to be like less than 10%, maybe even less than 5%, don't you think?

No one with four or more functioning neurons would ever claim this and be serious about it.

I'd love to see the statistic on winning percentage for teams -4 or more in TO margin. It has to be like less than 10%, maybe even less than 5%, don't you think?

according to this... it is like close to 0%.

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2013/8/23/4649718/college-football-turnover-margin-winning-percentage

Its Mike & Mike, they share 2.5 neurons between them.

Is this the best Ohio State team ever? I honestly can't thinking a more complete team. Crazy to think that next year we will be even better

It's the best team I've ever seen with my own eyes play at Ohio State.

I used to say the 1998 team was the best I ever saw. I think this team beats that team by 2TDs.

I can't offer much about the 1960s teams. Like the 1968 team, which I think is regarded by many as the best Ohio State team of all time.

I'm still kind of in disbelief that this team, at one point in THIS SEASON, had lost 3 of it's last 4 games, and Buckeye nation was ready to go looking for a shower rod. I have to be dreaming.

Was thinking about that last night. Some people were starting to question Urban Meyer's greatness. "He's lost 3 of his last 4 at OSU after reeling off those 24 straight wins against nobodies... maybe he's not as good as advertised and still the same guy who was at Florida at the end." :lolguy:

There were articles after the Bama game that this was one of if not the greatest coaching job in college football history. I think that win last night solidified it. What Urban did with the whole team, what Herman did with the QB's, what Warinner did with the OL, what Smith did with the WR's, what LJ Sr. did with the DL, what Fickell and Ash did with their position groups and the defense overall to become more cohesive... absolutely astonishing.

From an article on SBNation (a website which I find myself really liking):

After watching Ohio State smash Oregon to bits, you might be tempted to say that Ohio State doesn't have an obvious loss on the schedule for the next five years. You might really want to say that after watching this. No one would blame you. The Buckeyes defense turned a Heisman Trophy winner into a largely harmless irrelevance with nice numbers and zero danger, and the Buckeyes offense made a consistently excellent Oregon defense blow basic gap assignments it hadn't missed since 2013.

They're deep, loaded with talent, and just won a national title with their third-string quarterback. Go back and watch their offensive line if you don't believe that, because they carried Oregon's d-line around like squawling infants who don't want to go in their car seats.