College Football Thread version 9.0

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly what is he not doing that he should be? I think he did fine. He's dynamic. And that block he put on the one dude and got ejected was (a) legal and (b) awesome.

Key drops against Virgina Tech come to mind, the fumble against Oregon could've been a difference maker, plus other random dropped passes through out the season. The block was great, I will give him that, but for every 1 good play he made, he made a lot of not so good plays this season.

As for Elliott, 2 fumbles in 273 carries lol

I did not realize Corey Smith only has 1 year of eligibility left, I thought for some reason that he was one of the rFR on this years team. Went to a community college due to grades. He was also a flipped commitment, originally verbal'd to Mississippi State.

1:01:29 in this video makes me want to cry!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5ahc7t7Rn4#t=3699

Key drops against Virgina Tech come to mind, the fumble against Oregon could've been a difference maker, plus other random dropped passes through out the season. The block was great, I will give him that, but for every 1 good play he made, he made a lot of not so good plays this season.

As for Elliott, 2 fumbles in 273 carries lol

You criticizing him for a fumble is like criticizing Cardale Jones for his fumbles - every fumble could have been a difference maker. And everyone sucked during the VT game - not really fair to single him out for a shitty game there.

You've got your Hater Hat on again, Josh. The correct answer is he did fine.

I did not realize Corey Smith only has 1 year of eligibility left, I thought for some reason that he was one of the rFR on this years team. Went to a community college due to grades. He was also a flipped commitment, originally verbal'd to Mississippi State.

1:01:29 in this video makes me want to cry!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5ahc7t7Rn4#t=3699

Yup, he makes that catch and we only lose by 7.

:/

http://whateverblog.dallasnews.com/files/2015/01/a1.jpg

http://whateverblog.dallasnews.com/files/2015/01/10903524_838499879542620_526125330_n.jpg

http://whateverblog.dallasnews.com/files/2015/01/a5.jpg

http://whateverblog.dallasnews.com/files/2015/01/10899323_1520994674856976_712741344_n.jpg

http://whateverblog.dallasnews.com/files/2015/01/B7NHv-2CIAETINw.jpg

http://whateverblog.dallasnews.com/files/2015/01/10860015_440362759448280_1420066143_n.jpg

http://whateverblog.dallasnews.com/files/2015/01/10903737_349647645223068_2050427299_n.jpg

Serious question: if Ohio State came back and beat VT and then went on to do everything else they did, are they in contention for greatest season of all time?

I know stats will come into play, and I think that statistically they would match up well with a lot of teams, right? Our yardage, points per game, yards per play, and margin of victory were all pretty stout, right?

Similar question: where's this team rank in terms of best champs since the BCS era? For instance, mine would be:

1. 2001 Miami

2. 2004 USC

3 - 5 range: this Ohio State team

7 or so: 2002 Ohio State

and so on and so forth

Thoughts?

Yup, he makes that catch and we only lose by 7.

:/

That was just one of the few he missed in that game... I wish I could find how many dropped passes he had this year (I searched haha). Next year he will have to step up and be much better than this year, not only for himself but for OSU's chances of repeating.

That was just one of the few he missed in that game... I wish I could find how many dropped passes he had this year (I searched haha). Next year he will have to step up and be much better than this year, not only for himself but for OSU's chances of repeating.

JOSHIE SHHH NOW NO MORE HATE JUST CHAMPIONS

Serious question: if Ohio State came back and beat VT and then went on to do everything else they did, are they in contention for greatest season of all time?

I know stats will come into play, and I think that statistically they would match up well with a lot of teams, right? Our yardage, points per game, yards per play, and margin of victory were all pretty stout, right?

Similar question: where's this team rank in terms of best champs since the BCS era? For instance, mine would be:

1. 2001 Miami

2. 2004 USC

3 - 5 range: this Ohio State team

7 or so: 2002 Ohio State

and so on and so forth

Thoughts?

01's Miami team likely had the highest profile NFL players on their team.

However that 02 OSU team had ALOT of pros as well, and that D was no joke!

I would like to see the number of players from each team whom made the NFL, drafted and un drafted; that likely would be a great indicator.

I'm thinking about it. It just depends on my work schedule.

Wife wants to go, if it's warm enough we will bring our son. Pretty smart move by osu to hold off having it til the 24th, just happens to be Junior Day for recruits haha.

Speaking of recruiting, many feel one of the two and committed to osu right now may end up elsewhere. Gibson is visiting SEC teams the next week or so and Burrows is not a fan of Tim Beck apparently. Maybe they both end up here, but don't be surprised if they don't. Also, word going around that osu is still recruiting Damien Harris and LJ Scott, both are committed elsewhere right now, but some feel Mike Weber may flip back to Michigan. Harris supposedly is not happy that Bama lost their LB coach who was his main recruiter and Scott is the same way with Narduzi at MSU. The last couple weeks of recruiting are always fu. Haha.

Wife wants to go, if it's warm enough we will bring our son. Pretty smart move by osu to hold off having it til the 24th, just happens to be Junior Day for recruits haha.

Speaking of recruiting, many feel one of the two and committed to osu right now may end up elsewhere. Gibson is visiting SEC teams the next week or so and Burrows is not a fan of Tim Beck apparently. Maybe they both end up here, but don't be surprised if they don't. Also, word going around that osu is still recruiting Damien Harris and LJ Scott, both are committed elsewhere right now, but some feel Mike Weber may flip back to Michigan. Harris supposedly is not happy that Bama lost their LB coach who was his main recruiter and Scott is the same way with Narduzi at MSU. The last couple weeks of recruiting are always fu. Haha.

Bill Greene on Scout said right before Harbaugh was hired that the trio of Scott/Harris/Weber could all shift around before everything is said and done. He reiterated that yesterday/today. I'd love to hold on to Weber, he had a great showing in San Antonio. But ending up with any of the 3 is fine by me.

As for the QB's... Beck recruited Gibson to Nebraska and told Gibson he'd start at QB for sure during that process so Gibson is pretty pleased with the hire as Beck is a guy who has already told him he'll get a shot at QB. Burrow's dad played at Nebraska. Beck never really showed much interest in Burrow and people think that the family may be a little offended and upset that Beck is going to end up with someone he didn't show a ton of interest in despite his legacy status. Obviously OSU looks solid at QB right now (and may have a 2016 QB commit by the end of the week - Jarrett Guarantano out of NJ) but hoping to keep at least one of them.

OSU's 2016 and 2017 classes should be incredible. As Urban said, they were selling a lot of potential and probable scenarios over the last couple years on the recruiting trail but now it's right there... it's testimony.

OSU already has commitments from the #1 and #4 RB's in the country for 2016 (5* Walker out of NJ and 4* Hill from OH) and will almost certainly land the #3 RB in 4* Demario McCall from OH as well. Walker is an Elliott-style back. Hill and McCall are more like Wilson/Marshall/Samuel so they're not going to scare each other off.

Urban and the staff are going to have a lot of fun recruiting over the next few weeks before signing day. Keep the current guys committed, maybe land a 5* DL in Beckner out of East St. Louis and a 6'2" 3* CB out of Florida in Damon Arnette, maybe toss in another surprise and then keep the 2016 class rolling.

I think it's funny too.

Guess who won't think it's funny heading into the first game of the year? And guess who's going to use things like this as motivation next year?

VT better get their jokes in now. I have a feeling Ohio State is going to want to make a statement in Blacksburg.

I have a feeling Ohio State is going to want to make a statement in Blacksburg.

I hope so. Obviously a ton of guys will be in that game for OSU who had to deal with the "embarrassment" of that loss this season. Season opener, primetime game on Labor Day... show the country that they are shooting for the repeat.

Just ordered that shirt. Can't wait to wear it around Columbus.

Side note all my clients know my wife and I are bama fans. They have been trolling me every lesson they come to wearing nothing but Ohio state shirts or scarlet and grey clothes or sugar bowl t shirts :fuuuu:

Just ordered that shirt. Can't wait to wear it around Columbus.

Side note all my clients know my wife and I are bama fans. They have been trolling me every lesson they come to wearing nothing but Ohio state shirts or scarlet and grey clothes or sugar bowl t shirts :fuuuu:

:lolguy:

:gabe:

LOLOLOL!! Anyone going to the Championship celebration they are holding for th team on the 24th? It's at 11am inside of the shoe

GF wants to go. Shes alumni there. The shoe only holds like 110k people, and its usually full even with high priced paid games. Im having a hard time believing that unless you get there at like 7am, you're going to get in.